SIG Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an *ahem* assortment of handguns... I like to have a couple carry options for each of them.

This has led me to sample a variety of different holster brands. The problem this leads to is, when I find a nice product for a new gun... I can't keep from thinking about how this latest model holster would work for other weapons for which I already have holsters.

It's like a vicious cyclical vortex or black hole that sucks me in.

Is there a group for this that can help me cope?

"Grant me the serenity to accept the holsters I have, courage to resist buying all the holsters I want, and wisdom to know when I have enough holsters.”

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So, please give a top two or three companies to check out. Your favorites. Thanks.
First and foremost, I prefer kydex... no leather or hybrid holsters for me. I believe that one layer of properly formed, thin and stiff material is all that's needed... anything additional added for "comfort" just adds unnecessary bulk.

Vedder, DeSantis and Black Label are the brands I've actually used the most. All IWB, tuckable, single clip holsters. These designs are obviously well thought out, designed and made to work smoothly with a positive retention. Many of the other small companies I've ordered from just don't seem to pay much attention to detail.

There's a TON of folks selling holsters on the internet.

The reason I started this thread is because I caved in and ordered from a new place... BraDeC holsters. They appear to be nice for a reasonable price and they shipped the order faster than any other company I have dealt with. I'll keep you posted.

Keep in mind, I am a relative infant in the world of concealed-carry but it sure seems like I picked a good time to come out... the choices for carry equipment are endless.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts