SIG Talk banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone else having issues with their Holosun sights? I purchased a 407K-X2 that I returned because the auto sleep feature never worked.
I then purchased a 507K-GR X2 that I currently have installed on my P365XL. After selecting my preferred reticle style, adjusting the brightness to my liking and zeroing the sight I turned on the locking feature to prevent inadvertent changes due to a button being bumped.
The auto sleep and shake to wake features seem to be working on this unit. However, I have had at least two occasions when the sight was off when I raised the pistol to shoot. This occurred during an active range session. Needless to say I find this pretty disturbing for a sight that is being used on an EDC.
I have not been able to reach anyone at Holosun to discuss the issue with because they are apparently too busy to answer the phone (other than a recording). Is anyone else having any problems similar to this with their Holosun sights? Or, am I just really unlucky.

·
Premium Member
842 Posts
That sure doesn't sound right. One of the features I like about my 507k is the lockout feature, which you're using too. No reason for the issue you're having unless you're inadvertently pressing both buttons to turn it off (really hard to do by accident). I'd try a new brand name battery and see if it's the issue.

·
Registered
3,149 Posts
i only have a 510c-gr and no issues over 3 years, but i don't use the shake awake feature.
tbh, if i was going to carry it, i would probably leave it on if it lasts 100k hours.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Two 507c x2’s and one 507k x2, zero issues here. Mine just work.

Before I got too far, I’d swap out the battery with a Duracell. The 507k seems to have reports of lower battery life, since it lacks the solar panel. The Duracell brand appears to be well regarded.

Can you try try emailing Holosun Customer Service as well?

·
Registered
P320 X5 Legion, P320 RXP XCompact, Ruger Mk IV 22/45
89 Posts
+1 on changing the battery. I’ve used a 507K on my EDC P365XL for over a year with no wakening issues with the reticle and brightness locked to my preferences.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I have a bunch of Holosun optics (including 2 507K and 1 407C) and have never had any issues with any of them.

Blessings,
DocS

·
Registered
416 Posts
No problems here with my 507K-V1. The first thing I did after mounting the sight was to lay the gun down, verify the dot was on, then let it sit undisturbed for a while. When I went back later I visually verified that the dot was off and watched it come back on as I picked the gun up. The sight has held zero just fine for about 500rds now.

·
Registered
6,245 Posts
I just sent a 503c back for a warranty replacement after the dot would sporadically work when switching brightness settings. They replaced it with a brand new unit. They make good range quality optics but I would never trust them on a carry gun.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for all the responses. Not being able to trust the sight would be VERY disappointing. I will replace the battery with a name brand battery and watch very carefully and report back on the results after a period of time.

Thanks again!

·
Premium Member
842 Posts
So both my R1P & Romeo Zero's batteries died recently, both purchased this year. Not a good feeling to go shoot them and they're dead. Hopefully crappy batteries from Sig and new good quality ones are all they need. I won't trust them until proven.

For me, the 407k/507k is the best option for compact slides. Good bang for the buck. In my experience reliable but just as importantly have the rear sight channel which at least let's you somewhat use the iron sights if needed. (The Romeo Zero does too but jury's out on that one). Also saves the cost of adding suppressor sights, though I can see the plusses of doing so.

I'd definitely be interested in the RMRcc if it had the sight channel...

·
Premium Member
842 Posts
...I took another look at the RMRcc as an option for my P365X and see the hole pattern is different from the R0, the gun would have to be sent out to have them added. 😟

Edit: or maybe an adapter is available

1 - 12 of 12 Posts