SIG Talk banner
  • Notice image

SigTalk is a forum community dedicated to SIG Sauer enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about Sig Sauer pistols and rifles, optics, hunting, gunsmithing, styles, reviews, accessories, classifieds, and more!

Holosun EPS/ EPS carry on p320

10K views 28 replies 12 participants last post by  akdoubleu 
#1 ·
Hello everyone. I been looking at the holosun eps and eps carry coming out. Apparently they use the K footprint. I was then looking at C&H precision web site and the p320 507k/407k spacer plate. From what I could tell from the pictures it appears that the K footprint uses the Romeo 1 pro screw holes. If that’s correct then those spacer with the new EPS and EPS carry would be an awesome combination. The Carry has the built in rear site for the p320 models where the rear sight is removed for installation and the regular EPS for the ones where it remains. I understand they are low enough to work with standard sites. I hope I’m not late to the party on this but I think it’s going to be really good.

#9 ·
I just received my EPS Carry. I put it on my P320 with the CHPWS Adapter plate for 507K. I was running a 507K before today. The real cool thing is that the EPS Carry body and built-in rear sight actually sits lower than the 507K rear sight. You can cowitness with standard height sights on the EPS Carry whereas the 507K rear sight slightly sticks out above the standard height rear sight. I went with EPS Carry over the EPS because the Carry will be flusher with the slide of a P320.

Only thing I'm unsure of is the screws that came with the EPS Carry. They seem to screw in fine into the holes of my RXP P320 Slide but they look slightly skinnier than the screws that came with the 507K which I have been using for a year now. The thread pitch seems the same but I'm not sure if there's some difference there or how to know which screws to actually use.

#12 ·
I also just got a new EPS to go on my AXG Pro using a Springer precision adapter plate. The EPS really does sit quite low and should work great. Does anybody know what specs the mounting screws should have for this application? On the C&H site it looks like they list theirs as M4x11mm which I suspect should likely be the same. Does that seem correct? The screws which came with the Springer Precision plate aren't quite right as the screw head definitely doesn't sit flush with the optic deck.

#18 ·
I finally got the EPS bolted up to my AXG Pro over the weekend. The adapter plate is Springer Precision, but the included screws weren't quite the right fit for the EPS mounting holes. Luckily I was able to find some perfect screws from Tyler at Calculated Kinetics:
Optic Hardware
Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel Camouflage
Wood Bullet Kitchen utensil Metal Machine

It doesn't quite cowitness with the stock XRay sights though, but I'll have to get it out to the range again this upcoming weekend to test some more.

#20 ·
I finally got the EPS bolted up to my AXG Pro over the weekend. The adapter plate is Springer Precision, but the included screws weren't quite the right fit for the EPS mounting holes. Luckily I was able to find some perfect screws from Tyler at Calculated Kinetics:
Optic Hardware

It doesn't quite cowitness with the stock XRay sights though, but I'll have to get it out to the range again this upcoming weekend to test some more.
I'm using the CHPWS plate and it barely co-witnesses with the sig sights that came with the slide:

Digital camera Camera Camera accessory Wood Cameras & optics

I was looking at the included screws of the EPS Carry and it turns out it did include screws that work with the RXP Slides. I missed them when I unboxed the optic because I assumed they were all the same thickness. They have multiple sets of skinnier screws that can go in P365 slides and a single set slightly thicker screws that work with P320 RXP slides. the only issue is that one of them is too long, so you have to file one down just a bit. I took it out last week and it worked out great.

#24 ·
Okay, I got tired of waiting and just bought a holosun EPS, for my p226 legion. I used the chpw plate, install went smoothly. I get a very low co-witness but can see about 1/2 of the x-ray front post. The red dot hasn’t been sighted in. I went with 6 moa, pretty happy so far. Waiting on me retention chest holster, this gun will get carried a lot to coyote hunting trips and scouting trips. But I will carry the 1911 for my elk hunting trips.

Attachments

#29 ·
I have a P320 X Compact and just installed Halosun EPS. The plate for RMR came with it but you will have to get new screws to attach the plate to the P320. The ascrews it came with were #6-32 but the holes on the sig are #6-40. A quick run to Ace Hardware to grab 2 of these along with blue Loctite...all set.
Font Gas Machine Label Electric blue

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.