SIG Talk banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Holosun specifies 15 inches/lb. of torque, but C&H Precision (the mounting plate I'm using for my Pro Cut) specifies 10 inches/lb. of torque.

Which one do I go with?

· Premium Member
2,059 Posts
I agree with rpninja636. When you have a conflict like that, go with the lesser of the two.

Reactions: TacoJoe

· Registered
1,479 Posts
Adding the plate may change the torque requirement. Add blue thread locker and witness marks.
Hmm. But the plate would be similar to a crush washer on an oil drain plug, no? And in either case (washer / no washer) I’d torque to the same value. So why would inserting a plate change the torque value of the fastener?

· Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
UPDATE: I contacted C&H and they said to go with their 10 lb. torque value.

· Registered
67 Posts
Hmm. But the plate would be similar to a crush washer on an oil drain plug, no? And in either case (washer / no washer) I’d torque to the same value. So why would inserting a plate change the torque value of the fastener?
If you Google it, adding a washer can change a torque spec requirement. An oil pan bolt may include a crush washer by design and a proper torque spec is issued based on that.

The manual calls for 15 ft-lb and C&H says 10 ft-lb so it could be their plate hardness that changes the requirement... I have no idea, I was just increasing my post count...lol

· Registered
1,479 Posts
If you Google it, adding a washer can change a torque spec requirement. An oil pan bolt may include a crush washer by design and a proper torque spec is issued based on that.

The manual calls for 15 ft-lb and C&H says 10 ft-lb so it could be their plate hardness that changes the requirement... I have no idea, I was just increasing my post count...lol
Thanks, I find this stuff interesting, so I’ll look into it some more.

I suspect either value would work fine, but the use of an aluminum plate would concern me enough (potential for the CHPWS aluminum to deform more under compression, than say the nitrided steel plate that Forward Controls uses) to torque stripe it and recheck torque every 500 rounds or so.

10 in lb is not a lot, I’d be sure and use a torque wrench or fix it stick that has a current cal sticker to some kind of metrology standard.

· Registered
41 Posts

C&H is in inch-pounds just for clarity.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts