SIG Talk banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

Super Moderator
P365X/P365XL
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the past I've owned an HK P30 in 9mm and just about every flavor of the P30sk (LEM, DA/SA with and without a MS). Very much liked all of them and actually carried the P30sk LEM off-duty for a while, prior to getting the P365.

Decided I wanted to get back into a P30 as I really like hammer-fired pistols and enjoyed the previous one I had in 9mm. A LGS I've dealt with had one on their website that I've been wanting for a while now. A DA/SA with MS in 40 S&W. It's the LE model with night sights and three mags. They didn't have it in stock but said they could get it in 3 to 7 days so I ordered it yesterday. Very much looking forward to getting it.

I like the interchangeable side panels and back strap. Makes for a nice custom fit. I'm a big fan of the paddle release as well and thing it's more functional than the button style.

I'll post it up once it arrives. Have plenty of FMJ to vet it as well as several types of HP's. I'll likely go with the 180g Gold Dot.

The stock photo from the website.

Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Metal

Premium Member
Real nice @Deputydave. The .40 you ordered is not an SK, correct? Asking b/c I've been interested in acquiring a P30SK in .40 and info from HK's site wasn't wonderfully clear enough for me to validate its existence. Through your FFL convo, did the topic of SK perhaps come up? Thanks!

Registered
Real nice @Deputydave. The .40 you ordered is not an SK, correct? Asking b/c I've been interested in acquiring a P30SK in .40 and info from HK's site wasn't wonderfully clear enough for me to validate its existence. Through your FFL convo, did the topic of SK perhaps come up? Thanks!
P30SK's only came in 9mm. None in 40.

Registered
That is the exact one I want too.. I only have one thing holding me back. It doesn鈥檛 have the optic cut.

In the meantime I鈥檓 happy with the VP9.
View attachment 502239
What sights are those? I have the VP9 LE with the optic cut. I'm disappointed it doesn't come with raised sights out of the box. So I'm looking for my replacement sights.

Super Moderator
P365X/P365XL
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You're getting a great pistol. I have the P30L in LEM and DA/SA. The LEM is a 40 and the DA/SA is 357sig (thanks to the RCM conversion barrel). They're both awesome shooters.
I got the 357sig barrel for my USPc from RCM a well. Great barrel! Very accurate and zero issues. Been very happy with it. I'll be very tempted to get one for the P30 as well.

As Vincent mentioned above, the SK's are 9mm only. It would be nice to have them in 40 S&W but I don't think it's likely, at least not right now.

Premium Member
In the past I've owned an HK P30 in 9mm and just about every flavor of the P30sk (LEM, DA/SA with and without a MS). Very much liked all of them and actually carried the P30sk LEM off-duty for a while, prior to getting the P365.

Decided I wanted to get back into a P30 as I really like hammer-fired pistols and enjoyed the previous one I had in 9mm. A LGS I've dealt with had one on their website that I've been wanting for a while now. A DA/SA with MS in 40 S&W. It's the LE model with night sights and three mags. They didn't have it in stock but said they could get it in 3 to 7 days so I ordered it yesterday. Very much looking forward to getting it.

I like the interchangeable side panels and back strap. Makes for a nice custom fit. I'm a big fan of the paddle release as well and thing it's more functional than the button style.

I'll post it up once it arrives. Have plenty of FMJ to vet it as well as several types of HP's. I'll likely go with the 180g Gold Dot.

The stock photo from the website.

View attachment 502228
Definitely on my list !

馃帠USAF Retired
What sights are those? I have the VP9 LE with the optic cut. I'm disappointed it doesn't come with raised sights out of the box. So I'm looking for my replacement sights.
They are stock sites on the Tactical model. I took a couple pictures of the only identifying marks. I enhanced the images to see the markings better.

Rectangle Wood Wall Brick Road surface

Rectangle Flash photography Brick Wall Art

Registered
I have a P30 v3 & a P30sk lem. They are my favorite pistols I own (over my Sig & CZ).
I am just shy of 7k rounds on the P30 and it looks new and has had 0 issues.
I put a Gray Guns flat trigger on them and can鈥檛 go back.
The sk in a Tier1 minimalist holster is my favorite ccw.
Hk needs an update on the sk for an optic.

Registered
Congrats Deputydave! I have had my P30L since 2013 and just love it! If I could keep only one pistol other than a carry pistol it would come down to being between my P30L or P226 and I don't ever plan on having to make that decision.

What side panels and back strap configuration did you go with?? Looks like large. What鈥檚 on the right side panel?

1 - 20 of 60 Posts