SIG Talk banner
  • Notice image

SigTalk is a forum community dedicated to SIG Sauer enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about Sig Sauer pistols and rifles, optics, hunting, gunsmithing, styles, reviews, accessories, classifieds, and more!

Hk p2000

7K views 26 replies 13 participants last post by  JakeAU24 
#1 ·
I'm toying around with getting one. I like the feel and I'm a lefty so like the slide releases on Hk's. Really no reason other than to have one.

The trigger is not that great and really heavy. Suggestions on loosening up the 11.50LB pull? Hammer spring?

Those who have one, how do you like it?

Thanks.

#2 ·
I too considered getting one. They're a good looking little gun, and I like the way it feels. I like the controls better than those on the USP, but a couple things steered me away from it. One, the cost. While not extremely expensive as compared to the USP or P30 models, it is still more expensive than the Glock 19 I can get for $475 OTD. It also has a diminished capacity with 13+1 9mm, where I get 15+1 with my G19. Like you, I also found the trigger to be lacking as compared to say a Sig.

Wrt loosening the trigger up, shooting it is the first thing you can do. I'm sure there are gunsmiths out there who can change things up for you to get more of a custom trigger feel, but I don't know of any factory enhancements HK provides. They seem to think they make a gun the way a gun ought to be, and you need to get your head around that...typical Germans. I think they're great little guns, but ultimately I decided to move away from it b/c of the knocks I listed above. YMMV

#3 ·
I recently purchased the HK P2000sk in .40 and I love it. Yes, the trigger and trigger reset aren't as good as my 227, but it didn't cost as much either. I shoot it more accurately than all my other pistols. I'm not saying it's better built than my Sig, I just shoot it better. This HK is replacing my Glock 27 as my summer carry. My Glock has a pretty snappy recoil, the HK is a lot smoother. That's probably why I'm more accurate with it.

#4 ·
Yeah, HK P2000 was my 1st 9mm HK, and CCW years ago. It's a good shooter too, although I never was comfortable with her LONG & heavy trigger pull. Since we can't really change HK's 'P' pistol trigger systems, my choice was to trade for a P30 with their LEM trigger.

I wasn't able to trade P2000, so I just bought P30, and have since added P30SK. I like these LEM triggers - and the new grip frames too. There is a price difference, but the trigger is important to me, so am happy to go with HK's P30s.

Here's P30 & P2000 together

Firearm Gun Trigger Gun accessory Gun barrel

Cheers

#7 ·
I have a HK P30SK with LEM. Some days I love the LEM and others it so so. I just need to shoot it more. I replaced hammer spring on my M11-A1 (my favorite of all guns) so will/would do similar on the P2000 if possible.

Thanks.

Yeah, HK P2000 was my 1st 9mm HK, and CCW years ago. It's a good shooter too, although I never was comfortable with her LONG & heavy trigger pull. Since we can't really change HK's 'P' pistol trigger systems, my choice was to trade for a P30 with their LEM trigger.

I wasn't able to trade P2000, so I just bought P30, and have since added P30SK. I like these LEM triggers - and the new grip frames too. There is a price difference, but the trigger is important to me, so am happy to go with HK's P30s.

Here's P30 & P2000 together

View attachment 124802

Cheers

#6 · (Edited)
It's a carry gun of mine, had Lazy Wolf Guns perform master action work on it, it's incredible. Mine has contrast sights, which I think are just fine. I also have a P2000SK (also had Lazy Wolf work on that), and it is hands down my fav H&K (even over my P7 (squeeze-cocker)). The P2000 is great though.
Here they are pictured from his table...
--
FROM LWG FB Page:
"There is something awesome that happens when the fitment of a critical internal part feels completely effortless, the polish is bright and luminous, and after the PTFE Nickel Teflon refinishing the parts literally squirt out from between your fingers when you're trying to final assemble them. At times it seems there is an alignment of all your experience and enthusiasm, faith and perseverance, and it feels much more like creating music than gunsmithing. I always ask myself before returning a customers weapons: "Did I give this job every last ounce of my effort? Would I be thrilled with this action work?" They won't leave until I can say absolutely 'yes'.

This is another one of those jobs pictured here. As TacTissy once very wisely reminded me, "you can't photograph the feel of a finely tuned trigger." Well guys, here's to wishing you could feel these bad boys through a photo."

Attachments

#8 ·
HK P2000 is a terrific pistol. Glock 19 size hammer fired with HK quality.

I handled one at LGS two weeks ago and the SA trigger pull was sweet. You can change to a lighter FPBS and hammer spring (factory is 14 LB I believe) to make the DA better and of course a couple hundred rounds downrange will help. Wolff sells the hammer springs and they are the same as for the USP. I would start with a 12 LB first and then try 10 LB if you still want lighter but be sure to test for reliability before committing to CCW/SD.

https://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=1955&idcategory=0

https://www.gunsprings.com/Semi-Auto Pistols/HK - HECKLER & KOCH/USP/cID1/mID26/dID136#166

#16 ·
My P30SK LEM trigger break is much better than my VP9. Yes the reset is longer but that is no matter to me as I started out shooting S&W 586 revolver and my classic P Series SIGs that have long reset. The VP9 has noticeable creep that neither my recent manufacture P30LS or P30SK has at the wall before break. There is more take up on the VP9 than there is on my P30LS in SA. As far as DA of course there is a lot of take up by design but with $9 in spring changes the DA pull is a very sweet 8.5 LBs all the way through and easy for me to shoot the center of the target out DA only with no staging. Take up is very long on my P30SK LEM for the first trigger break but it is supposed to be as a safety feature for CCW/SD purposes and I have no problem with it and only happens with the first shot.

I like my VP9 but I wish it had a trigger as nice as my PPQ which has absolutely no creep or grit at the wall before the break . Reset is quite a bit shorter too for those that care about such.
I have no clue why I don't own a PPQ yet? Tried one at the range and that trigger is almost obnoxious in how awesome it is.

#18 ·
Which trigger does the P2000 you're looking at have?

I have had the P2000SK with the LEM trigger for a number of years and it's one of my favorite pistols. The LEM trigger is something you either love or hate....I'm on the love it side. Excellent quality pistol...go for it.

There is an HK forum with all kinds of info on how to lighten triggers, lots of good info there.

#22 ·
I think you will like it. I'm a hammer fired gun and like mine. After a usp 45 and uspc 40, I grabbed a p2000 9 from cdnn when they had them on sale. I prefer the usp controls but that p2000 is one sweet gun. Was looking for a 40 to share mags with the uspc, but couldn't pass on the price. Plus I didn't have a 9. Great gun and feels great in my hand with the standard grip. In a super high note for me, my p226s, p227s, p229, p2000, and usp compact all fit great in my CB supertuck. Swithcing back and forth between mag releases can cause trouble though.

#25 ·
P2000 9mm is my EDC most of the time. Great pistol. Great weight and size for a 13+1 pistol.

Second on replacing it with the Wolff spring. Made a big difference in the DA pull, which I like. I also swapped out the stubby stock mag release for the extended one as found of the 45C. More to grab.

#26 ·
Congrats on your new P2000!! FYI, if you're interested it's pretty easy to switch out the P2000's mag release to the longer release levers used on the P30 guns. It's easier for me to hit these with my trigger finger...

Cheers

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.