SIG Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to find a heavy duty, high quality leather paddle holster for my P227 carry. I'd like a leather paddle, and not kydex, and with a thump break strap over the pistol.

I'm attaching pics of a Safari Land leather holster that I bough in 1999. They of course don't make these anymore. But to me it has always been the perfect paddle holster. It houses my 21 Glock that I bough weeks before the holster.

The holster is still in great shape, and fits the gun well.

Anyone know who makes a similar style paddle holster for SIG guns.

Thanks

IMG_0390.jpg

IMG_0391.jpg

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
Check Don Hume - if they don't make one for the P227 Carry, try one for the P229R. Both guns ae close in shape and since you're looking for a leather holster it will break in even if it's a bit tight at first.
I have a Bianchi Mod.83 that was made for the P220/226 and it fits my P229 non rail, P227SAS, S&W SD9VE and my M9A3 as well. I really like the retention system on that holster and the fact that I only need one holster for all of my handguns.

Reactions: Ohio SIG

·
Registered
54 Posts
Safariland 518-74-61

Take a look at that one. It's on ebay. I don't know if it fits a 229r or not. If you find a holster for the 229r, I would think the 227 carry would work too.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Safariland 518-74-61

Take a look at that one. It's on ebay. I don't know if it fits a 229r or not. If you find a holster for the 229r, I would think the 227 carry would work too.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Thanks for this, I didn't even bother looking on ebay. Usually the first place I look. I went ahead and got it, if it doesn't fit right, I have a P229 carry that will fit just fine.

·
Resident Armorer Premium Member
10,812 Posts
Reactions: Ohio SIG

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Thanks for this, I didn't even bother looking on ebay. Usually the first place I look. I went ahead and got it, if it doesn't fit right, I have a P229 carry that will fit just fine.
All it takes is a little hot water and a hair dryer and you can make it fit perfectly. I have done many CONVERSIONS...:cool:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts