SIG Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any of you guys have P320s with a relatively high number of rounds through them (multiple thousands)? How does the gun hold up in terms of accuracy and reliability? Any notable mechanical failures?

My P320 compact had the unfortunate extractor issue that was remedied by Sig replacing the extractor and extractor pin. I haven't had issues with it since, but I've only put about 1200 rounds through the pistol overall. I also have the occasional trigger double click.

·
Registered
323 Posts
I am probably at the lower end of your expected round count with only about 4,300 rounds fired. I have had zero mechanical issues with my P320F or my P320C. Same goes for the magazines. I often shoot in IDPA and USPSA competition so the mags do get dirty.

I have not had the trigger double click issue so I guess I am lucky in that regard. Since most all of my shooting in competition was outdoors I did change the sights on my full size to fiber optic sights. Although I am more accurate with MY CZ-75 PCR I will never sell/trade my P320. Excellent handgun!

·
Registered
265 Posts
The "double click" is always there. It was designed that way. While the chamber is empty (DOUBLE check) dry fire the pistol. single click right? Now reset the trigger (pull back 1/2 inch on slide) and dry fire again, but this time put one finger behind the trigger as your trigger finger pulls back on the trigger. With the finger behind the trigger, push forward to give controlled resistance to your trigger finger. You'll hear a click..... click (the reset).

Only, when you do it fast and without purposed slow trigger movement do you hear a single click.

Reactions: MMinSC

·
Registered
763 Posts
The "double click" is always there. It was designed that way. While the chamber is empty (DOUBLE check) dry fire the pistol. single click right? Now reset the trigger (pull back 1/2 inch on slide) and dry fire again, but this time put one finger behind the trigger as your trigger finger pulls back on the trigger. With the finger behind the trigger, push forward to give controlled resistance to your trigger finger. You'll hear a click..... click (the reset).

Only, when you do it fast and without purposed slow trigger movement do you hear a single click.
This is true, I think the "problem" people perceive is when the 2 clicks are farther apart. When they are farther apart they feel the double click without the counter resistance slowing it down, in your suggestion. At that point I don't think you can say it was designed that way. The timing is off and the "click.... click" needs to be closer together. Many shooters like to reduce over travel...having to purposely induce unnecessary over travel to "reset" (which is not really the reset...maybe the set?), seems like something that should be fixed, and not accepted as "the design". I know if mine had it, I'd get it fixed, and I'm pleased it doesn't.

Reactions: dukemason

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I can't say I'm personally too concerned with the double click. As Gibbs noted, the only time I can really feel that difference in timing is if I actively try to pull the trigger very slowly during dry fire. During live fire, I don't pick up on it.

Glad to hear reports from heavier users not having any issues though! I bought this gun while I was out to buy a G19. Only hesitation I had was that it's a fairly new and unproven design. Also glad to see its passing through some of the federal battery of tests too with ICE and MHS.

·
Registered
441 Posts
I have about 7k through my early 2015 version P320CA, not a single issue. My newer 2017 compact version only has around 1200 and it has been flawless as well.

TXPO

·
Registered
P320 45 ACP Carry, P320 9MM Carry, P320 357 Sig Carry conversion kit, Colt 1911 45 ACP Government
381 Posts
I have about 7k through my early 2015 version P320CA, not a single issue. My newer 2017 compact version only has around 1200 and it has been flawless as well.

TXPO
What caliber is your 7k round count pistol? I believe the user manual suggests replacing the recoil spring assembly at 5k rounds for Carry/Compact sizes. Did you do that, or is the original recoil spring still going strong?

·
Registered
204 Posts
I think there is a guy on here or the other sig forum with well over 35,000 rounds through his gun and just now replacing his extractor and extractor springs. If you're only at 1,500, you have a long way to go before anything wears out.

·
Registered
441 Posts
What caliber is your 7k round count pistol? I believe the user manual suggests replacing the recoil spring assembly at 5k rounds for Carry/Compact sizes. Did you do that, or is the original recoil spring still going strong?
They are both 9mm's. I have replaced the recoil, striker, and sear springs in the 2015 model. Did the replacement at about 6000 mark or close to it. Have the parts for the 2017 one also, and provided no failures, it will be done about the same time.

TXPO

1 - 9 of 9 Posts