SIG Talk banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are there any reasonably priced (sub $1K) high capacity 1911's chambered in 9mm? Preferably in the Commander size variant.

There's the STI, Wilson and Bul Armory versions that run $1500 and up. All great guns but well beyond my budget.

Back when Remington manufactured firearms there was the R1 that hovered around the $1K mark and Para-Ordinance is no more as well. As popular as the 1911 design is, I'm kinda surprised that there aren't more options out there in the high-cap variants.

·
Registered
6,245 Posts
What do you consider high capacity? Springfield does a 10 round EMP. I know it’s not a 1911 but you can always consider an P229 SAO.

·
Premium Member
342 Posts
I saw a magnum research branded made by BUL Ltd. in ISRAEL that I swear is the clone to my/the sas ul 2…it was $925?…I didn’t know this existed and hadn’t done any research on it yet but your question got me thinking I believe there was one in 9 and 45, I think I have a picture…this one is .45 there was one next to it in 9…I think
20909429-5CB1-4B06-8527-B9070DB786A3.jpeg
🤔

·
Registered
105 Posts
Spend a little more and get the STI, it’s worth it and miles ahead of any of the cheaper ones being discussed.

Hell I wish I could get a sub $2,000 STI but here in Kalifornia they are $4,000 - $5,000 and people don’t hesitate to pay for them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: Secondset

·
Premium Member
3,408 Posts
Spend a little more and get the STI, it’s worth it and miles ahead of any of the cheaper ones being discussed.

Hell I wish I could get a sub $2,000 STI but here in Kalifornia they are $4,000 - $5,000 and people don’t hesitate to pay for them.

Can you have somebody out of state buy and sell one to you? I haven’t kept tab with the rules of California regarding out of state gun purchases since leaving the state after being stationed in San Diego years ago.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Can you have somebody out of state buy and sell one to you? I haven’t kept tab with the rules of California regarding out of state gun purchases since leaving the state after being stationed in San Diego years ago.
Nope, only folks inside of CA who can purchase it from STI or anyone else are LEO or family to family direct transfer, if I had a mother or father out of state then no problem.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts