SIG Talk banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Must have worked as no more posts. It would be nice if new members would be actual interactive members rather than getting gunsmithing advice on the cheap. I was kinda alarmed with the OP stating, "I accidentally pulled the trigger":oops:. Future AD/ND waiting to happen.
Hey Paul, the slide got stuck in its current position, with the slide lock up and the slide release at the 4 o'clock position, so I pulled the trigger to see if it would help. Like when you disassemble a glock.

·
Registered
528 Posts
If you don't get it resolved by tomorrow it sounds like a call to SIG's customer service is in order.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I don't know if this will help but...

·
Registered
203 Posts
The only things that I can see that could physically stop that slide from moving are the manual safety and the striker catch, unless something is actually broken, bent, or a foreign object is lodged somewhere.

The safety MUST be off, because that prevents the sear from moving downward.

The sear MUST be moved downward in order clear the rear of the slide and/or disengage from the striker catch.

Can you take a small screwdriver and slip it underneath the rear of the slide and move the sear downward?

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
push up on the slide release and rotate the takedown lever to its position which should be up and down with a slight angle to the 7 oclock position. Do both at the same time

·
Registered
203 Posts
push up on the slide release and rotate the takedown lever to its position which should be up and down with a slight angle to the 7 oclock position. Do both at the same time
With the slide in that position it is impossible to move the slide button upward. So the takedown lever cannot rotate past the 4:00 o'clock position. The slide cannot move any further rearward because a downward protruding finger of the barrel hits part of the takedown lever assembly.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Now, I'm at a loss. Is it possible your RSA shifted and has locked up the slide. Perhaps attempt to reposition it from side to side.

·
Premium Member
US Army Veteran
1,111 Posts
Man, this was like watching a good movie - I'm glued to my screen. BGoo, good luck with Sig Customer Service; Thank you Allen Bundy and paularmola for the step by step descriptions. Bravo!

·
Registered
182 Posts
slide release lever may be up but are you pushing it up and holding it above normal and then turning take down lever at the same time

·
Premium Member
P320 X-Compact, P320 AXG Scorpion
9,960 Posts
When I have had slide issues on my Sig's I called Sig Customer Service and they were able to walk me though correcting the issue while l was on the phone with them. You might try that approach.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Wow this whole thing sucked. Guess I won’t be using any Glock tricks on my p365...

I’m sure Sig will fix it though.

·
Registered
528 Posts
I hope they tell you exactly how it got stuck so that you don't end up doing it again. Might be good info for the rest of us too.

·
Registered
282 Posts
I hope they tell you exactly how it got stuck so that you don't end up doing it again. Might be good info for the rest of us too.
Probably not likely... I recall seeing another thread of a similar situation and there was no response from SIG

Well it's official, I will be sending it to Sig.
When submitting paperwork, add a piece of paper asking for a quick explanation as to prevent further issues. Maybe if it's brought up first, you might have a better chance of trying to get an answer after the fact.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts