SIG Talk banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While reassembling my new Sig p365 I pulled the trigger now the slide is stuck about 1/2 inch from being on. The slide lock won't move. And the release lever is at about 4 o'clock. And it is stuck there.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Someone who has experienced that will probably be along soon.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Do you have the manual safety? I discovered you can't reassemble the pistol if it's engaged. As for the trigger, I don't see how you could've tripped the sear if the slide wasn't forward and in battery.

·
Registered
203 Posts
If you have a manual safety you may need to push down the tab in the photo. It will flip upward if you press the trigger and prevent the slide from moving all of the way back.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you have a manual safety you may need to push down the tab in the photo. It will flip upward if you press the trigger and prevent the slide from moving all of the way back.
View attachment 387115
246, member: 175452"]
Do you have the manual safety? I discovered you can't reassemble the pistol if it's engaged. As for the trigger, I don't see how you could've tripped the sear if the slide wasn't forward and in battery.
[/QUOTE]
Yes, it has a manual safety
View attachment 387115
How do I move it forward?
IMG_20210220_204353875.jpg

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
View attachment 387115
IMG_20210220_204341395_MP.jpg

I got mine to lock into that same position by engaging the manual safety. Try switching off the safety.
I've tried that
I got mine to lock into that same position by engaging the manual safety. Try switching off the safety.
I've tried that

·
Registered
203 Posts
Pull back on the slide and then turn off the manual safety. Then remove the slide. Press upward on the slide lock button and rotate the takedown lever clockwise. Now put the slide on and pull it all of the way back and engage the slide lock. Then rotate the takedown lever clockwise. Pull back on the slide and release it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Pull back on the slide and then turn off the manual safety. Then remove the slide. Press upward on the slide lock button and rotate the takedown lever clockwise. Now put the slide on and pull it all of the way back and engage the slide lock. Then rotate the takedown lever clockwise. Pull back on the slide and release it.
The slide will not move!

·
Registered
203 Posts
When I say pull back on the slide, it may not move noticeably, but it may take some pressure off of the safety lever and allow you to switch it off. Until you get the safety switched off that slide is locked in position.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
When I say pull back on the slide, it may not move noticeably, but it may take some pressure off of the safety lever and allow you to switch it off. Until you get the safety switched off that slide is locked in position.
The safety lever goes on and off freely. The slide lock is up and the release lever is at 4 o'clock.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Remove the rear pin securing the FCU and take both the FCU and slide out as one unit. On the right side of the FCU is the safety bar, push up. See if that helps.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Remove the rear pin securing the FCU and take both the FCU and slide out as one unit. On the right side of the FCU is the safety bar, push up. See if that helps.
Thanks I tried that they won't come apart!

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
push up on your slide release and rotate the takedown lever as far forward as possible. Should work. If not, with the safety disengaged, slightly push your slide forward and tap while holding the slide to its forward most position and perpendicular to the ground and tap. I think you are hung up on the striker release catch

·
Registered
528 Posts
Like Allen said, you may need to lift up on the slide release lever while trying to turn the disassembly lever. Once you get that back in the 6 o'clock position the slide should move.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Must have worked as no more posts. It would be nice if new members would be actual interactive members rather than getting gunsmithing advice on the cheap. I was kinda alarmed with the OP stating, "I accidentally pulled the trigger":oops:. Future AD/ND waiting to happen.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Must have worked as no more posts. It would be nice if new members would be actual interactive members rather than getting gunsmithing advice on the cheap. I was kinda alarmed with the OP stating, "I accidentally pulled the trigger":oops:. Future AD/ND waiting to happen.
No, it did not work, the slide lock is up and the release lever is stuck at 4 o'clock, along with the slide will not move.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts