SIG Talk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
3,697 Posts
If you're looking for a 228 and if you don't care about the original finish and the possible absence of box, manual, test target, etc, I'd buy it.

NP3 is a top-tier finish from a company that knows what it is doing, and if you consider that a standard package would probably come with 2 mags and that 6 mags are probably worth about $125 bucks, then you're paying $625 for the gun and two mags. That's not unreasonable, IMO.

· Registered
3,697 Posts
Looks nice at first glance, but closer inspection of the edges shows that, externally at least, this was a dog, originally. Pass.
I see a possible issue on the trigger guard, but the OP says this is going to be a shooter so I doubt he's troubled by that.

Where else are you seeing red flags Q?

· Registered
3,697 Posts
Look at the right side of the slide edge right under "P228", the chin area of the slide, and also look at the crown of the barrel.
I didn't notice the crown on my first pass. Good catch.

The other imperfections wouldn't qualify the pistol as a dog in my book, and probably won't trouble the OP since this will be a shooter.

I agree with you about the value of the extra mags. My estimate was predicated on the assumption that they are factory or MecGars.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.