SIG Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a new Compact/Carry Optics ready slide I purchased from SIG and I used my Compact/Carry barrel I had along with the RSA that I pulled out of my old slide I sold.

My question pertains to the RSA. I put everything together on the new WC grip with the tungsten weights and I noticed that the RSA sticks out just a tad when the gun is put together.

I don't think this is right but I could have sworn I saw something about on here before but I can't seem to find where I saw it at. I don't know if I just need to get a new RSA and call it good or if it is something simple I can do on my own to get it right.

Take a look at the pictures i posted and please chime in to what is going on with it and what I might need to do to fix it or let me know if I have a case if the dumbs with it.

Attachments

·
Registered
718 Posts
I have an older P320 Compact (2014) and the guide rod protrudes almost exactly like yours.

It functions perfectly.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Assuming the back end of the RSA has flat sides, make sure those are on the SIDES of the barrel/slide and centered very well.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
SigMHS thanks I was thinking the same thing as like I said I could have sworn I saw some asking about the same thing but it's been awhile ago and I couldn't find it.

MONKEY I will take it down later and check but if I'm not mistaken I don't think it had any flat sides on the back of the RSA but I'll check shortly and see. If it does I'll make sure they are on the sides and centered like you advised.

If there are not any flat sides what would I need to do or check for to see and make sure it is being installed correctly? If I just keep turning the RSA and trying it and still just protruded out like it does then i guess I'll just run it as is.

·
Registered
718 Posts
If there are not any flat sides what would I need to do or check for to see and make sure it is being installed correctly? If I just keep turning the RSA and trying it and still just protruded out like it does then i guess I'll just run it as is.
There are not any flat sides on the rear of my stock guide rod. It is circular, so rotating it will have no effect on how the RSA will function.

It is likely that you installed it correctly. Especially if the gun doesn't malfunction.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok thanks guys. I've been sitting here going back and forth with the VA about some stuff so I'm looking at this and talking with them. Anyways I'll play with it shortly and see what's going on with it.

It was just throwing me off as my other one I just setup the same way is not doing this so I was just wondering if something was wrong or if I did something wrong with it while putting it back together.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts