SIG Talk banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm the proud owner of a Sig P226s X5 tactical. It's my favorite pistol. This is the last P226 X5 that was made with a threaded barrel from Germany, and is not the "new" model X5 that Sig sells in the US today. I can doubletap an eight inch target at 50 yards with this pistol, and with a red dot I can hit a golf ball at the same range. I have a regular p226 also, but the p226s X5 is an amazing feat of engineering.

Now... my issue is that when I use the pistol as a host for my Osprey 9mm suppressor, about 1 in 10 rounds fails to feed.

After firing, the spend round is ejected just fine, but it chambers more than one round. There is one round loose in the chamber area, and another round half coming out of the magazine. The slide gets stuck on loose round.

The gun fires 100% without a suppressor attached. The pistol never seems to have issues with lighter loads, like 147 gr. Magtech, or 158 gr. Fiocchi either. The issue happens with Federal HST 147 gr rounds, my favorite ammo. It also happens with all underwood ammo. HST is slightly hotter than most factory ammo, and underwood is always hot, so I wonder if the recoil spring assembly could be the issue combined with more blowback from the suppressor? It happens with different types of magazines, so it's not that.

Is the issue possibly that the recoil spring assembly is too "light" for the hotter HST round?

Here are a few pictures:

Picture of the Sig P226s X5 Tactical (2008 from Germany).

Picture of Sig P226 X5 Tactical slide and recoil spring assembly.

·
Registered
6,888 Posts
Congratz on a fine pistol, and set up.
Although, I'm quite sure that the new X Series are very nice as well. Hopefully, someone will be able to help you out.
And welcome to SigTalk from North Carolina.
Btw, I like your choice of ammo. My carry ammo is HST 147gr, and I love anything Underwood.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.