SIG Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where i can find some information on what parts can be shipped to California? I'm looking to sell a handgun barrel and possibly slide to someone in California. I'm pretty sure as long as its not a serialized lower/receiver/FCU and just a "gun part"(barrel/slide) I'm in the clear. I wanted to be 100% though.

·
Registered
97 Posts
As long as the barrel isn’t threaded ship
Away

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: NorthernMichigan

·
Registered
100 Posts
Gun parts can be shipped into CA (resident address) without problems. Magazines can be shipped into California as long as they are 10 Round Compliant (There are companies that can convert standard capacity magazines to 10 rounders and ship into California).

All Firearms that are transferred to a CA resident have to be transferred via a CA FFL

All ammunition that is transferred to a CA resident have to be transfered via a CA FFL

All Pistols that are outside of CA borders have to be on the CA Pistol roster to be transferred to a CA FFL unless there are special conditions followed

All new Rifles in CA must not be considered an Assault Weapon (look up the special CA guide on this there is a flow chart), if the rifle you have violates this look into featureless conversions.

All Rifles in CA must be over 32 inches long and have a fixed stock.

All Pistols in CA can have neither a threaded barrel of shoulder stock (Pistol braces are ok, but questionable).

·
Registered
280 Posts
Threaded barrels are NOT illegal to own in CA. They are only illegal to install on your pistol.
The big exception is if you're LE, military or have a CA entertainment firearms permit. If you have a CA entertainment firearms permit, it's almost as good as having a FFL with a class 3 SOT. The permitee is just limited to using said firearms for entertainment purposes only. However, that's pretty loosely interpreted considering some of the firearm training that actors go through in action movies.

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Until 2025

Then
NOTHING gets in w/o transferring through an FFL & the CA DOJ.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Threaded barrels are NOT illegal to own in CA. They are only illegal to install on your pistol.
The big exception is if you're LE, military or have a CA entertainment firearms permit. If you have a CA entertainment firearms permit, it's almost as good as having a FFL with a class 3 SOT. The permitee is just limited to using said firearms for entertainment purposes only. However, that's pretty loosely interpreted considering some of the firearm training that actors go through in action movies.
Being in the military doesn’t get you any relief in CA. Every military exemption is qualified with having to be “in the performance of duties” or some such language. Possession of normal cap mags, open carry, carry in a vehicle, etc., all only in the performance of duty, which almost never happens.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts