SIG Talk banner

Help needed...,what grips screws are the same?

2308 9
Well i am finalizing my deal for the 224 extreme and i want to change the factory grip screwd for hex head .....does anyone know what screws are the same?
I see no listings showing interchange
Thanks in advance
God Bless,John

Sent from my LGL41C using Tapatalk
Reactions: bearone2
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well good thinking...i was hoping maybe the 226 or the 228/229 were the same ...i never seen these in hex head at the hardware store

Resident Armorer Premium Member
Well i am finalizing my deal for the 224 extreme and i want to change the factory grip screwd for hex head .....does anyone know what screws are the same?
I see no listings showing interchange
Thanks in advance
God Bless,John

John, here's what you need, found on a old thread same as P229, these are Torx Drive, they are sold individually:

Attachments

Registered
SIG only has two different screw lengths, the short ones for the P220, P226, P229, etc. and the longer ones for the P239. So I would assume that the ones for the P229 (short ones) will fit the P224 just fine.

Reactions: jringo8769

Did a quick check of the UPC, and no one has them in stock, or at least advertises it... Hogue Hex heads, or TJs for a P226/P228/P229 should also work, as Hogue lists them as interchangeable, the P239 is the same pitch, just a little longer.

Reactions: jringo8769

Registered

Registered
Any one know about p238 grip screws? Same as p229 etc?

Updated: they're not the same.... Sorry you can delete the post please... There's another poster a few back that says Sig only has two sizes of screws I don't think that's true?

Any one know about p238 grip screws? Same as p229 etc?
No, the P238 and P938 share the same thread and pitch. I don't have one, so can't measure one. You may try contacting Sig Customer Service. Or quickest way would possibly take a grip screw to the hardware and see if they can identify it as a standard thread.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.