SIG Talk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took out gas valve on my MCX Virtus, 16 inch, was so dirty I could not turn it. After cleaning valve, piston, etc. put everything back together but the only way I could get the gas valve to seat and turn was with hole used for leverage to turn the valve on the bottom. On my Rattler, hole is on the top. I pressed the locking button and turned the valve until it went in and can move it plus side to minus, but valve is upside down compared to Rattler. Any help appreciated.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Took out gas valve on my MCX Virtus, 16 inch, was so dirty I could not turn it. After cleaning valve, piston, etc. put everything back together but the only way I could get the gas valve to seat and turn was with hole used for leverage to turn the valve on the bottom. On my Rattler, hole is on the top. I pressed the locking button and turned the valve until it went in and can move it plus side to minus, but valve is upside down compared to Rattler. Any help appreciated.
I hate to ask, but this is a situation where a couple of photos might really help. I have three MCX Virtus rifles and have not had any problems with the gas valve. A photo might reveal what the problem is for you.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for answering kyjd75, I finally got it in the right way and it clicks changing from plus to minus. I gave it a couple of light taps with a nylon hammer and it turned and locked in correctly.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts