SIG Talk banner

Help identifying my P226

7950 Views 8 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  Willard
I have a Sig P226 in 9mm...serial number UU718xxx. Not sure what model it is. None of the serial number websites showed the range mine would fall into. Can anyone help???thanks

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Resident Armorer Premium Member
15,467 Posts
There should be an information decal on the case identifying the model, and "birthdate", otherwise call Sig CS and give them the serial number. They should be able to tell you the rest...

· P228 Sherpa
8,278 Posts
Since you asked, then most likely the case has no labels on it. So, the thing could be anything, from all original gun to a FrankenP226. Call SIG CS, and they'll tell you the exact variant.

But, one thing for sure, the gun was made and assembled at SIG USA, not Germany.

· Resident Armorer Premium Member
15,467 Posts
The list we have, is only as accurate, as the information provided by our members.

Since 2005, Sig hasn't always labeled their cases with the information. In most cases, what we have is from members who have the information, and shared it.

In the case of your "U 741 XXX" you just need to see where it fits between those made earlier than it, and subsequent to it. Consider in likely equal monthly production quantities, and you you should be within a 2 month window. Normally it's the "UU" prefix numbers that are very sporadic, and out of sequence.

EDIT: Likely sometime in August 2006, call Sig Customer Service, and they might be able to be more precise...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.