SIG Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 93 sig p220 that I just replaced the factory grips with genuine Sig Sauer factory Aluminum grips (part#1201142-01) they are much thinner and have the Sig logo and feel great, but the screws are to long and protrude into the mag well, I can find nothing about shorter screws on the web, any suggestions

·
Registered
211 Posts
You can file them down, in theory.

·
Registered
55,544 Posts
different varieties for different models within the series, example, these all for a 226, welcome from az.

Attachments

·
Registered
100 Posts
I have a 93 sig p220 that I just replaced the factory grips with genuine Sig Sauer factory Aluminum grips (part#1201142-01) they are much thinner and have the Sig logo and feel great, but the screws are to long and protrude into the mag well, I can find nothing about shorter screws on the web, any suggestions
They sell shorter grip screws for the grips. Sig Site said you'll need different screws depending on the grips you choose.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
I used a knife sharpening stone (whet rock?) to shorten mine on the 229. That way it's smoother and slower than with a file. Take a little off, put it in the grip, and check it.

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
I used a knife sharpening stone (whet rock?) to shorten mine on the 229. That way it's smoother and slower than with a file. Take a little off, put it in the grip, and check it.
Another trick,when you figure out how much too long it is,put a nut on the screw and leave that number of threads extending and shave off till you get to the nut.Can be aggressive at first then finish your way.:rolleyes:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts