SIG Talk banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I got the Beretta 84 in a trade. Don't know too much about it so looking for words from the wise. It's a made in Italy gun, marking says P.B.- Mod 84...that's it, not 84f, 84b, 84fs, etc. it's a 13rounder in .380. I looked the serial number up on Beretta website and it's not listed, what does that even mean lol? What can I expect to get on a resale or trade value?

Firearm Gun Trigger Revolver Gun barrel

·
Registered
7,472 Posts
The PB was a 1970s off duty pistol that sold for around 180. Nicely finished, very durable, decent trigger,and good service accuracy. They were a popular weapon in Europe. Not a lot of accessories.

·
Registered
7,472 Posts
You welcome
They had ambidextrous safety but not a decocker as I remember.
Durability was exceptional. It was waaay over built for the caliber.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just replaced the grips with a factory black set, feels much better with some texture...and it looks cooler lol. Still looking for more info gents, send it.

·
🎖USA Veteran
3,028 Posts
Hard to guestimate the value without seeing the pistol. Do you have the factory box and etc.? I would think around $350 to $450. If the Italian Lady is pristine and you have the box and owner's manual, then somewhere closer to six hundred bucks.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hard to guestimate the value without seeing the pistol. Do you have the factory box and etc.? I would think around $350 to $450. If the Italian Lady is pristine and you have the box and owner's manual, then somewhere closer to six hundred bucks.
I do have the box and Manual, it's all in Italian lol. It's not pristine but it doesn't look abused either.

·
Registered
265 Posts
What are you feeding it?

I think I like the look of the FS more, I don't even know what mine is. It only says Mod 84 on it
Just standard 95gr FMJ. Since your 84 doesn't have a letter suffix it's just a Model 84. Probably pre-1981 since that's when the 84B was released.

·
Registered
300 Posts
I bought one just like yours new when they first came out. Yeah I'm old.
Model 84.
No not a Cheetah, just a model 84 at that time. That gun never jammed. I can't guess how many thousands of rounds I fired, no failures.

I sold mine along with the beat up box and pristine condition manual for $650 a few years ago thinking a 380 wasn't enough gun for me anymore???
You'll never find a better 'point shooter' than that 84. Never have put another gun in hand that fit and felt as good as that old M84.....

BTW,
Guess I should mention, for $650 the guy got 3 original magazines and a vintage lined Bianchi belt holster that fit the gun perfectly.
Absolutely no rust and only minor holster wear.

Locke

Reactions: Barrier

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I bought one just like yours new when they first came out. Yeah I'm old.
Model 84.
No not a Cheetah, just a model 84 at that time. That gun never jammed. I can't guess how many thousands of rounds I fired, no failures.

I sold mine along with the beat up box and pristine condition manual for $650 a few years ago thinking a 380 wasn't enough gun for me anymore???
You'll never find a better 'point shooter' than that 84. Never have put another gun in hand that fit and felt as good as that old M84.....

BTW,
Guess I should mention, for $650 the guy got 3 original magazines and a vintage lined Bianchi belt holster that fit the gun perfectly.
Absolutely no rust and only minor holster wear.

Locke
Wow $650! I was actually thinking about trading it for a newer 84FS to match my M9 a little better, kinda weird about stuff like that. You think that's a feasible trade?

It is pretty comfortable in hand though. I'm going out to shoot it today. What holster would you recommend for IWB?

·
Registered
300 Posts
Wow $650! I was actually thinking about trading it for a newer 84FS to match my M9 a little better, kinda weird about stuff like that. You think that's a feasible trade?

It is pretty comfortable in hand though. I'm going out to shoot it today. What holster would you recommend for IWB?
Holsters, that's part of the reason I sold my Mod 84. All these High Tech holsters on the market, (like Blackhawk Serpa) not for the M84 though.
I don't do IWB so I got nothing on that.

I wouldn't even trade for the newer model. I like the original much better. (We don't need no stinking decocker). Lol.... But, to each his own.
Also, a dyed in the wool Beretta collector would likely pay more for the original Mod 84 if you ever wanted to search out the one guy that needs it for his collection.
I also liked the original smooth wood grips over the newer plastics. Just personal preference I suppose. Again, to each his own.

My recommendation, (if it's within budget) keep the 84 and buy an 84FS. That way you'll have a gun (M84), a son of a gun (M84FS) and a matching M9.

Just keep in mind, all of the above is only my opinion and only worth what you paid for it...
Locke

Reactions: Barrier

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Holsters, that's part of the reason I sold my Mod 84. All these High Tech holsters on the market, (like Blackhawk Serpa) not for the M84 though.
I don't do IWB so I got nothing on that.

I wouldn't even trade for the newer model. I like the original much better. (We don't need no stinking decocker). Lol.... But, to each his own.
Also, a dyed in the wool Beretta collector would likely pay more for the original Mod 84 if you ever wanted to search out the one guy that needs it for his collection.
I also liked the original smooth wood grips over the newer plastics. Just personal preference I suppose. Again, to each his own.

My recommendation, (if it's within budget) keep the 84 and buy an 84FS. That way you'll have a gun (M84), a son of a gun (M84FS) and a matching M9.

Just keep in mind, all of the above is only my opinion and only worth what you paid for it...
Locke
I like that idea!!

·
Registered
7,472 Posts

Except for the accessories issue, this is a very bad trade.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.