SIG Talk banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Your dad sounds like a cool guy to have known. Whether you follow a similar path to him in the Navy, one thing is certain, you never lose the love of the ocean. My grandfather served as a gunner's mate way back in the day, and he passed his love of the ocean, boats, and sailing onto me. Once it's in your blood it stays there, and is never lost.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Welcome to the forum! Your dad sounds like a cool guy to have known. Whether you follow a similar path to him in the Navy, one thing is certain, you never lose the love of the ocean. My grandfather served as a gunner's mate way back in the day, and he passed his love of the ocean, boats, and sailing onto me. Once it's in your blood it stays there, and is never lost.
That's for sure! The ocean is one of those things that will work its way into your very soul and once it's there, there's no getting rid of it. I'm interested in the Navy, not only because of my dad, but also because of the experience and opportunities it offers. I'm really interested in both computers and engineering, and I know the Navy has great programs for both.

to your father: Fairwinds and following seas USN forever

Chiefs are the backbone of the Navy.
I hope he's got calm waters and a nice breeze wherever he is. But he'd also have warned that skilled sailors don't come from smooth seas.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts