SIG Talk banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there! I found this website in some of my dad's things, he was a member here. I believe his handle was USNSalt here on SigTalk. I dunno if he ever told you about me or anything but I'm his son, and I figured I would update you all and let you know what happened. He passed away earlier this year from complications caused from the Covid-19 virus. I'm not sure if any of you were close to my dad or not, but I figured if he spent any amount of time here he'd have wanted you guys to know what happened.

·
Registered
503 Posts
I didn't know your dad, but I am sorry to hear he passed. I'm sure some of the members here who did know your father will appreciate you letting them know what happened. Welcome to the forum.

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
So sorry for your loss. I didn't know your dad either, but I'm sure others will recognize his handle.

Thanks for letting us know. My wife has a couple missing neighbors in her games and we always wonder why they aren't online any longer.

Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

·
🎖US Army Veteran Premium Member
2,893 Posts
Welcome from New York. I'm sorry I didn't get to chat with your father, my condolences on his passing. I'm glad to meet you and I hope to see you here often. There a re a lot of good folks on this forum, hang around and you just might enjoy it! 😊

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
I remember your dad and sorry for your loss. I am glad you are with us and welcome from Tennessee.

·
Premium Member
P320 X-Compact, P320 AXG Scorpion
11,232 Posts
Welcome from Georgia.

·
Administrator
38,576 Posts
Welcome to SigTalk! I knew your dad! He was salty at times, but very proud of you! He spoke about you often. IIRC he was being promoted last we heard from him. My condolences to you over your loss. He was a good guy serving our country :) Damn Covid19 :mad:

Thank you for sharing this with us.

·
Registered
3,059 Posts
Greetings from Kansas.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Welcome aboard. Sorry for your loss. RIP Shipmate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Welcome to SigTalk! I knew your dad! He was salty at times, but very proud of you! He spoke about you often. IIRC he was being promoted last we heard from him. My condolences to you over your loss. He was a good guy serving our country :) Damn Covid19 :mad:

Thank you for sharing this with us.
Salty was definitely an apt word. Some of his friends from the Navy told me that that is pretty much a respect thing. He did end up making Chief, although he didn't really get to enjoy it so to speak. He had only been promoted maybe a month before he got sick, if that. It wasn't very long at all. From his head to his boot, dad was a sailor. He loved the Navy, loved the ocean, loved me - he never missed an opportunity to make sure I knew it, too. He lived his life wherever the ocean took him, wherever the Navy told him to go, one day at a time, one watch at a time.

And thanks guys for the kind wishes and stuff. I like to think that he's still standing watch, but now on the greatest ocean of all.

He taught me everything I know about sailing, about the ocean, fishing, shooting, etc. I love the ocean too, one could say it's in the blood, heh. Probably why I'll end up joining the Navy myself but we'll see about that.

·
Registered
11,397 Posts
Welcome from PA......Loosing a parent is tough......Stay strong.............

·
Registered
4,762 Posts
Welcome saltlifekid! I was wondering about your dad not too long ago. I’m so sorry to hear this terrible news. Stay strong junior. RIP Chief

·
Premium Member
3,041 Posts
Welcome to the forum and I hope you stick around.

I am sorry to hear about your father and wish you the best

·
Premium Member
3,162 Posts
Welcome to SigTalk and thanks for joining the group. Greetings from the flat lands of Kansas.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts