SIG Talk banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New member here. Born and raised in Southern California, but had the good sense to leave the land of fruits and nuts before they took away ALL of my freedom.

I have been shooting for damn near 40 years, but I am not a "gun guy". Forgive my ignorance, but I may ask some stupid questions. I am taking my Conceal Carry class next week, and I want to educate myself on how to be a better (Sig) gun owner before this country goes totally bonkers.

I own a P226/MK 25 which is the nicest shooter I have ever held, a P365 that I am very impressed with, and the reason that I joined... I'm looking to buy a P229 and I really like the Elite version.

I have questions, but I am way too old to deal with * who don't have anything better to do than flame people who may not know the difference between a threaded barrel and a rifled one. We aren't all gunsmiths, but some of us could still out shoot some of you know-it-all's! ;)

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Welcome aboard! We get the occasional itinerant troll but they're run off fairly quickly. Mostly I've gotten genuine, and sometimes humorous, help here.

Reactions: Iamkob

·
Premium Member
1,024 Posts
Iamkob, a very unique introduction I must say. First off, welcome from the Gunshine state (Florida). The 226 you have is one of the best combat firearms ever. The 229 Elite you seek is right there with it as I know, I have one in 357 Sig. As for the 365 I had one and for it’s designed purpose it excels. My daughter uses hers as her backup, she’s LE. Again Welcome.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Welcome from Georgia, Great site for the most part no flamers here that I've meet but somethings just come across blunt in text as you can't hear a persons voice and just how they said it. I joined back in March new to gunsmithing/AR rifles/Sig's and reached out and got 95% help from great guys that other 5% were members being honest about safety so it sounded personal in text when it wasn't brother. You'll find plenty of help on this site for sure.

·
Premium Member
Sig P320 X-Compact, Smith and Wesson 327.
8,252 Posts
Welcome from Georgia.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Welcome from Illinois, you’ve found a good place here! Beware of anyone who doesn’t push you to buy a new Sig or CZ but don’t worry, most of them will at some point. There’s a lot of knowledgeable people here!

·
Registered
14,727 Posts
New member here. Born and raised in Southern California, but had the good sense to leave the land of fruits and nuts before they took away ALL of my freedom.

I have been shooting for damn near 40 years, but I am not a "gun guy". Forgive my ignorance, but I may ask some stupid questions. I am taking my Conceal Carry class next week, and I want to educate myself on how to be a better (Sig) gun owner before this country goes totally bonkers.

I own a P226/MK 25 which is the nicest shooter I have ever held, a P365 that I am very impressed with, and the reason that I joined... I'm looking to buy a P229 and I really like the Elite version.

I have questions, but I am way too old to deal with * who don't have anything better to do than flame people who may not know the difference between a threaded barrel and a rifled one. We aren't all gunsmiths, but some of us could still out shoot some of you know-it-all's! ;)
Welcome from Texas.
For the P229 Elite, I would try Gunbroker. Sig P2 series are hard to find at gun stores now. I have the P229 Dark Elite in 357Sig plus three other models too.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

I am a nationally certified firearms safety and tactical instructor, and also teach North Carolina's state program for our concealed carry pistol certificate.

If you have questions about the basic training, our courses are probably similar to those in your current state. But you don't indicate which state you live in, so it's hard to be more helpful.

Our classes are more extensive than the basic one required for state certification. In addition to basic handgun safety and marksmanship training, we also coach our students in training exercises and teach things essential to concealed carry like how to draw from a holster.

The concealed classes also include several hours of introduction to the laws of self defense and lethal force in our state. This, of course, varies from state to state.

You have acquired three well engineered tools for self defense. Now your quest for a concealed carry permit will launch you on the path to developing better skills to use them safely, effectively and reliably.

If the tool is of adequate design and precision, the skill is more important than the tool. Ask any crafts person.

·
Registered
Sig MPX / Sig X-Compact
34 Posts

Welcome from Las Vegas. I'm relatively new to this group as well, and I've already got a ton of great advice and meaningful opinions. There's a wealth of knowledge here. Have fun!

·
Registered
733 Posts
Welcome from Az.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts