SIG Talk banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all...I'm a new Sig owner but have been visiting the forum for some time before making the decision to get a P938 for my new conceal carry needs. I previously carried a Glock 27 and a Beretta Nano. The Glock felt too bulky and although I liked the Nano I just never connected with it and didn't trust my life to it...especially after finding out that the striker guide was plastic.

I do have a couple of questions. Have the guide rod issues been fixed with the 938 or do they still fly out? I was planning on checking mine out before shooting it and taking the grip screws out to locktite them. My gun came as a package with a Viridian laser. I was going to change the sights and possibly change the red laser for a green one and get a nice holster, but before investing the money I want to make sure this is going to be a dependable gun. Has anyone had any other issues I should be aware of? I have some extra cash right now for those upgrades, or I could invest the money in a different gun if this one is going to be problematic. I was looking at a Springfield XDS also and for about the same amount as my planned upgrades I could get one of those and work on it. Thanks in advance for any information.

· Registered
9,114 Posts
Welcome from NV.

Won't hurt to check the guide rod for tightness. Clamp the rod in a padded jaw vise if you have one, if not you can make do with either a Channel lock pliers or vise grips but you will need to pad the jaws well - some leather from an old belt or a couple strips of wood will do, just don't let the jaw teeth get to the metal. If loose, take it apart, clean threads and use hig h strength loctite

You can use blue or purple low strength loctite for the grip screws, though I prefer Vibra-tite as it's reusable up to 5 times.

Your P938 should be reliable out of the box. It is recommended to lube it well, grease on things that slide and oil on things that turn or pivot.

· Registered
636 Posts
Welcome from Europe to our SIG SAUER forum.

· 🎖USA Veteran Premium Member
9,265 Posts
Welcome from Florida

· Registered
2,742 Posts
Welcome from Fla. I check my 938 after each range trip. As of this time there is no indication that is is coming unscrewed. I don't shoot it everytime I go to the range. Have probably had 15 range trips that I have fired this gun. Anywhere from 75 to 100 rounds each time. I am planning on taking it to the range tomorrow, it will be the only gun I use there this trip.

· Registered
113 Posts
Welcome from RI.

I just purchased a P938 SAS and looking forward to it arriving this week. I was also looking at the XDs, but I really like the P938 and the 1911 style pistol; it's just more comfortable in many ways.

I also read some guys use #60 o-rings for the grip screws.

· Registered
3,046 Posts
I had issues with a two piece guide rod becoming unscrewed (not a 938 rod) I took it apart degreased, red Loctite and I took a pointed punch and hit it on top were the threats are on two opposite sides, problem solved.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.