Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello guys & gals.

I just finished putting together an SSG 3000 rifle. Thought the price was OK and fitter a Vortex Viper PST 6-24x50mm FFP optic, along with an American Defense 30 MOA mount (Jan 2015), and a Harris bipod.

Here it is:

I took it to the range yesterday and zero-ed it at 100. It's a very accurate out-of the-box rifle. I'm very pleased with how solid it feels.

Hope you guys like it.

YNB

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Congratulations on your new Sig! And welcome to SigTalk from Texas!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Welcome! We are semi twinsies in that I'm from Reno, got the same rifle, and same scope... different mount though. I got a american defense mfg 20 MOA canted recon quick detach mount.
This way I can go between rifles as the mounts are supposed to hold zero even after quick detach within 1 moa that is. Also ADM has a lifetime warranty similar to the Vortex viper PST 6-24 FFP scope that I got in MRADs.

Also got a 6-9 harris bipod... similarly.

I sent you PM but i'm more or less putting what I sent to you for public view in case others want to know what I did to address the integrated 0 moa rail and wanting to shoot longer than 800yds.

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
Like, like! :thumbsu:

Reactions: Mike55

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks RenoMD. I think that your solution is pretty much the only one. I'll try to find a good 20 MOA mount. I don't need a quick detach one. I might be able to find something perhaps better at holding zero without the quick detach function.

YNB

·
Premium Member
8,902 Posts
Welcome from Florida - Nice Job

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Guys,

I recorded my first video shooting the SSG 3000. Maybe you'll find it interesting.

Stay safe.

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
A Sweet rifle! Welcome from Indiana.

Reactions: ynb

·
Registered
16,853 Posts
Thanks RenoMD. I think that your solution is pretty much the only one. I'll try to find a good 20 MOA mount. I don't need a quick detach one. I might be able to find something perhaps better at holding zero without the quick detach function.

YNB
Welcome and a nice setup. Did you go moa or mils with your Vortex?
Badger makes unimounts with different MOA. No quick detach though, you'll need a wrench.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Welcome and a nice setup. Did you go moa or mils with your Vortex?
Badger makes unimounts with different MOA. No quick detach though, you'll need a wrench.
Thanks! I'm using the EBR-1 version, MOA. I ended up getting an American Defense 30MOA mount. Works great. I have a ton of adjustment left.

I know that a lot of shooters that have been in the military are used to MILS, but in my case, I much rather measure and adjust everything in MOAs.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.