SIG Talk banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning all, just recently picked up my first Sig (P238-HD-CA .380 ACP). I purchased it mainly for CC. I fell in love with it at first sight due to it's beautiful all stainless steel frame, low recoil, overall size, slide safety, and SigLite night sights. Unfortunately the Sig P938 (9mm) is not on the California approved handgun roster, so I decided to "settle" with the .380 ACP. Aside from the more expensive .380 caliber, I'm ecstatic! I also have a Glock 19 which I now use more for home protection and target practice.

I just wanted to introduce myself, and thank everyone for their feedback and informational thread posts. I'm proud to be a part of the Sig / Sig Talk family, and look forward to taking in as much information as possible and contributing to the discussion.

I recently posted a response to someone's question regarding purchasing ammo online. I left a somewhat detailed account of my recent experience purchasing ammo through OutdoorLimited.com - hope it helps all that come across it! For the record, I am in no way affiliated with OutdoorLimited.com, and am not benefiting from it other than the self-gratification that comes with sharing knowledge and helping others.

If any of you have any feedback regarding the DeSantis Superfly and/or Nemesis pocket holsters, please feel free to give me your input. I plan on purchasing a pocket holster sometime in the very near future. Thanks and blessings to all!

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
Welcome from PA

I recently got a Remora IWB/pocket holster for my P238. The exterior has a synthetic, "clingy" material that has no belt loops or clips. I have been using it for pocket carry. The gun draws out of pocket and the holster stays in the pocket. Works very well as a IWB holster as well. Cost about $34.00, and arrived with a free magazine case (which is too big to grab a 238 magazine).

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hello, and welcome from KY

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Welcome from the north part of the state.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Welcome to our forum.

Fullsize SIG Sauers and classic USGI 1911s have always been among my favourite guns, I never stop learning, and after almost 38 years of guns-ownership I still enjoy shooting my own reloadings at least twice a week.
This is one of the best gun forums among the several I belong to, hope you'll enjoy your time here.

Shoot safe.

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Hey, from Chula Vista

·
Registered
458 Posts
Hi, from Las Vegas! I lived in Calif. for over 30 years. Moved to Vegas 16 years ago, and revisited there 3 times. Twice for funerals....
I also vote for and use the Remora products. I have a Sig P-238 Equinox that I carried here over 10 years and it looks like the day I bought it. A few years ago I purchased the 938 Equinox and the first thing was ordering a Remora for it.
I also have Kimber's Solo and Micro9 and there resting in Remora's as well.

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Welcome from PA

I recently got a Remora IWB/pocket holster for my P238. The exterior has a synthetic, "clingy" material that has no belt loops or clips. I have been using it for pocket carry. The gun draws out of pocket and the holster stays in the pocket. Works very well as a IWB holster as well. Cost about $34.00, and arrived with a free magazine case (which is too big to grab a 238 magazine).
I appreciate the shoutout and recommendation, I will definitely check out the Remora IWB / pocket holster. I have an IWB holster for my G19, and love the idea of having the option to wear the Remora as either-or. Thanks again!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Welcome to our forum.

Fullsize SIG Sauers and classic USGI 1911s have always been among my favourite guns, I never stop learning, and after almost 38 years of guns-ownership I still enjoy shooting my own reloadings at least twice a week.
This is one of the best gun forums among the several I belong to, hope you'll enjoy your time here.

Shoot safe.
I appreciate it! I love your avi - I will definitely consider purchasing another Sig in the near future!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hi, from Las Vegas! I lived in Calif. for over 30 years. Moved to Vegas 16 years ago, and revisited there 3 times. Twice for funerals....
I also vote for and use the Remora products. I have a Sig P-238 Equinox that I carried here over 10 years and it looks like the day I bought it. A few years ago I purchased the 938 Equinox and the first thing was ordering a Remora for it.
Thank you for posting pictures; the Remoras look exactly like what I'm looking for! Those are some beautiful handguns you have there! If you don't mind me asking, are you left handed? Mine didn't come with the ambidextrous safety - I like that the holster on the right would cover up the safety on my P238HD. Do they cover up pocket printing well? Thanks again for sharing your input, it is much appreciated!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I forgot to add that I was in Vegas over the 4th of July, and am totally envious of the fact that you guys are legally able to open carry! One of my friends lives out that way and had his XD .45 ACP on him practically everywhere we went. Vegas is gorgeous on the 4th of July, I would highly recommend it to my friends and family!

As a season ticket holder, I'm still mad about the fact that the Oakland Raiders are relocating out that way..

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.