SIG Talk banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello and thank you for having me. I'm from the central Ohio area and got my CCW in May of 2020. Prior to getting my CCW I would just take my pistols (Glocks) to the range for fun but now I'm carrying a Glock 27 every day. I dabbled in 9mm for a little bit but since traded all my 9mm ammo for .40 and sold my 9mm pistols. I have the following Glock models: 27, 23, 22, 21, and 30. I like .40 and .45 ACP.

Why am I here? I'm still figuring that out I guess. Back when I was deciding what pistol to buy I was renting a Glock, Smith & Wesson M&P, and a Sig (I think P229). I remember liking the way the Sig shot best of all but the price was out of my budget at the time. Glock was next in line with the M&P being last. I shoot my Glocks fine and I am quite fond of them, how simple they are to maintain and I actually like how they look. Something is drawing me to a Sig P226 at the moment so I've been researching them, reading forums and watching YouTube videos. I'm hear to learn about Sig pistols, how to maintain them and maybe do some buying, selling, trading with some members here. I have a good reputation on other forums and I have a pretty nice FFL in my little town that helps me out. Looking forward to good conversation. Thanks again and stay safe.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Welcome from Ashland, you really can’t go wrong with anything in the sig lineup. The 226 would be an excellent starting point.

·
Administrator
39,255 Posts
Welcome to SIGTalk! We're glad to have you as a member of the community :)

I recommend reading through the Forum Standards & Rules to get acquainted with how the site operates.
You may also want to take a moment to browse through our Community FAQs and let us know if you have any questions.

·
Premium Member
P320 X-Compact, P320 AXG Scorpion
11,722 Posts
Welcome from Georgia.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
welcome from NE Ohio , great place to learn

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
Welcome from PA................

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hello and thank you for having me. I'm from the central Ohio area and got my CCW in May of 2020. Prior to getting my CCW I would just take my pistols (Glocks) to the range for fun but now I'm carrying a Glock 27 every day. I dabbled in 9mm for a little bit but since traded all my 9mm ammo for .40 and sold my 9mm pistols. I have the following Glock models: 27, 23, 22, 21, and 30. I like .40 and .45 ACP.

Why am I here? I'm still figuring that out I guess. Back when I was deciding what pistol to buy I was renting a Glock, Smith & Wesson M&P, and a Sig (I think P229). I remember liking the way the Sig shot best of all but the price was out of my budget at the time. Glock was next in line with the M&P being last. I shoot my Glocks fine and I am quite fond of them, how simple they are to maintain and I actually like how they look. Something is drawing me to a Sig P226 at the moment so I've been researching them, reading forums and watching YouTube videos. I'm hear to learn about Sig pistols, how to maintain them and maybe do some buying, selling, trading with some members here. I have a good reputation on other forums and I have a pretty nice FFL in my little town that helps me out. Looking forward to good conversation. Thanks again and stay safe.
Welcome from southern Ohio, once you get the Sig bug there's no going back, my problem is i live withing striking distance of AimSurplus, so in the last three years of law enforcement trade ins, it's been brutal.

·
Registered
2,781 Posts
Welcome from the Badger State.
I never warmed up to Glocks. If you like them, fine. Sigs are fine pistols. Pick a Classic P series hammer gun. They are solid! The P220 (45ACP) is my favorite. The polymer P series are for real. I have an affinity to the P320 Carry. Pro in a polymer frame and the AXG Scorpion in an alloy frame.
Sigs are well worth the investment!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts