SIG Talk banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up my first Sig and really excited to take it out to the range for its first outing.

Enjoying the forum so far and look forward to participating in the future!

Thanks, and nice to be here!
Joe

馃帠US Army Veteran Premium Member
Welcome from New York. I'm sure you will heard from the guys about your conversation issue - I don't know. What Sig did you buy?

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! No worries, it's not the end of the world, just surprised that the limit for a PM was 1...

I was fortunate enough to find a P365 in stock with a local FFL. Been eyeballing one for some time now, and keeping an eye on stock which there seem to always be gone everywhere, at least for a decent price. Now I'm just waiting for additional ammo and the holster to come in... :)

Premium Member
P320 X-Compact, P320 AXG Scorpion
Welcome from Georgia.

Registered
Thanks! No worries, it's not the end of the world, just surprised that the limit for a PM was 1...

I was fortunate enough to find a P365 in stock with a local FFL. Been eyeballing one for some time now, and keeping an eye on stock which there seem to always be gone everywhere, at least for a decent price. Now I'm just waiting for additional ammo and the holster to come in... :)
Welcome from Texas. What wasYour waiting period? DoYou live near COMMIE Chicago ?

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
Welcome from Texas. What wasYour waiting period? DoYou live near COMMIE Chicago ?
Fortunately no, I'm not from the North side. I'm in the central region. The BG check took about 4 days, which surprised the FFL. They said that right now wait times are generally back to 'normal' of 3 days.

Registered
Greetings from Kansas.

Registered
Welcome fellow Illinois member! Unfortunately I am in the Chicagoland area, lol.\
Let us know what you think of your 365. I recently bought a 365XL and absolutely love it.

Registered
Discussion Starter #10
Welcome fellow Illinois member! Unfortunately I am in the Chicagoland area, lol.\
Let us know what you think of your 365. I recently bought a 365XL and absolutely love it.
Sorry to hear you're up there :p

I've been considering getting an XL Grip module (and mags of course) to test between the two. I read so many good things about both, honestly. I think the only way to know for sure would be to just try them both. Swapping looks easy from I see online.

Registered
Welcome from Southern Illinois!

In the last 4 months I've bought 4 pistols and a rifle. Every single one of the background checks took at least 4 days. On the other hand I've seen other people have there's come back instant. There doesn't appear to be a rhyme or reason.

While I know people who have been a year waiting on their FOID card applications and others 6 plus months for renewals, I recently got my renewal completed in 6 weeks.

Again, welcome!

Registered
I've been considering getting an XL Grip module (and mags of course) to test between the two. I read so many good things about both, honestly. I think the only way to know for sure would be to just try them both. Swapping looks easy from I see online.
Swapping the FCU is a breeze. If you are adding MS, it's a tad more complicated. The 365 grip with the 12 rnd extension seems to be a tad longer than the 365XL grip with flush mount 12 rnd mag, but only barely is noticeable if you have larger hands.

I'm actually considering getting an FCU and building a 365X with optic as a project gun.

Registered
Discussion Starter #13
Swapping the FCU is a breeze. If you are adding MS, it's a tad more complicated. The 365 grip with the 12 rnd extension seems to be a tad longer than the 365XL grip with flush mount 12 rnd mag, but only barely is noticeable if you have larger hands.

I'm actually considering getting an FCU and building a 365X with optic as a project gun.
No MS for me, I like it without. The standard 10rd Mag w/ Pinky extension is almost perfect, so I bet the 12rd mag would feel good. I might just start with one of those then try the XL grip later. I'd have to get the mag regardless, so it might be better to just start with that for now.

Now I just need to find someone who prefers the 10rd flush mag and facilitate a trade for the pinky mag...

Registered
Welcome from cook county, Illinois, where draconian gun laws rule. Love the 365 and the sas version, rotate between the 2 of them for cc. Enjoy the 365!

Registered
Discussion Starter #15
Welcome from cook county, Illinois, where draconian gun laws rule. Love the 365 and the sas version, rotate between the 2 of them for cc. Enjoy the 365!
Sorry to hear you're in Cook... do you have the standard or XL? Which mag setup do you prefer?

Registered
Once you learn what vendors have no issues with selling to cook county residents then it becomes bearable, but never optimal. I use 12 round ones, the pinky sits perfect with it, touch better than the 10 round one with extension. don鈥檛 have the xl, though, just standard size 365.

Registered
.357 sig
Sorry to hear that you caught the Signess but if you start buying more the symptoms generally ease up as long as you have ammo for your purchases!
Welcome from Will County but I鈥檒l be glad when I move away from Illinois.

Registered
Discussion Starter #19
Sorry to hear that you caught the Signess but if you start buying more the symptoms generally ease up as long as you have ammo for your purchases!
Welcome from Will County but I鈥檒l be glad when I move away from Illinois.
Ha, that's a good one! Yeah I'm ready to be done with IL, thst's for sure.

Registered
Welcome from the Badger State, also Packer country. Once your comfortable with your new polymer Sig, check out some Sig Classic P series hammer guns.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts