SIG Talk banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings all, mainegrw here to join the ranks. I am avid participant in shooting sports, and an aficionado of anything firearms related. I have come to forums today with a few questions on my latest acquisition, a P226 Classic 22, which I will save for the appropriate forum area. This gun is not my first Sig, I have had others, all exhibiting quality beyond my expectations. I do not consider myself a fanboy of any brand or manufacturer, nor will I ever become one, instead I recognize good craftsmanship and quality, and give credit where credit is due. Often this extends to oddball and unusual firearms, or clones and the like, not just the mainstream makers. All that said, I will mention that I do also have a like for Smith and Wesson revolvers and the M&P 15-22, Dan Wesson revolvers, pretty much everything that Beretta makes (whether I can afford it or not), Ruger's MK and P series pistols along with some of their revolvers, High Standard firearms, Marlin firearms, early Winchester rifles, and the Glock 17 and 19, just throw a few of my favorites out there.

Those of you who get around the net may have seen my username before, as I am a frequent poster over on the Smith and Wesson Forum, as well as a lurker and occasional poster to the Beretta Forum, and Taurus Armed. As I have pledged to those other forums, I will pledge to you now: I come here not only to learn and add to my own knowledge base, but to also contribute what knowledge I have to the group, and will strive to do so in a respectful, and objective manner, leaving politics, hate, and personal feelings at the door.

Anyway, thank you for allowing me entrance to the forum, and I look forward to meeting, and conversing with all of you.

- mainegrw

·
Premium Member
3,320 Posts
Welcome to SigTalk. You will enjoy these forums. It's a great bunch of people here that love their Sigs and not too proud to acknowledge the quality of other makers as well. Thanks for joining up. Greetings from the flat lands of Kansas.

·
🎖USA Veteran Premium Member
9,057 Posts
Welcome from Florida

Reactions: mainegrw

·
Registered
641 Posts
Welcome to our SIG Talk forum.

Full size "SIG Sauers", "CZ" sport pistols, and classic collectible "USGI 1911s" have always been among my favourite guns, I have owned at least half a dozen SIG Sauers, great guns especially older German-proofed ones, the P226 to me is by far the most reliable pistol that I have owned in over 38 years of shooting handguns, and I've seen enough makes and models, in all service calibers, to know what to trust and what not to.
In the past I've been an avid gun-hoarder; jokes apart I mainly collected K98Ks, Lugers, Mausers C96, 1911s and Colt Pythons.
Not long ago I realized that a huge pile of pistols wasn't making my life any better, so recently I thinned my collection, but since the COLT 1911 has always been in my heart I still own a bunch of them.
I never stop learning, and I love learning with enthusiasm.
After over 38 years of guns-ownership I still enjoy shooting my own reloadings at IDPA ranges at least twice a week.
JMO this is one of the best gun forums among the several I belong to, to me it's quite a learning experience. hope you'll enjoy your time here.

Safe shooting.

Reactions: mainegrw

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Welcome from NC. You may want to look into CZ also, it seems to be a favorite of many here.
CZ guns are definitely on my want list, sadly I don't come by them too often, and when I do, they are overpriced, or don't come with magazines due to capacity restrictions. That said, I was very close to buying a CZ 85 in 9mm without mags to act as a host for a Kadet Kit recently, however ultimately I got my hands on the P226 22LR instead, which I consider to be a more economical purchase, factoring in the price of a 9mm X-Change Kit.

I do also spot the P-01, 2075 RAMI, and P-07 frequently, and I wouldn't mind grabbing any one of those at some point....

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
🎖USMC Veteran Premium Member
4,572 Posts
Welcome from Floridas Treasure Coast.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.