SIG Talk banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I joined in Feb 2017 after purchasing my first P227 in the fall of 2016. P227 is so much fun to shoot. Next was the P320 9mm carry, even more fun. Signed up and received my CCW. Next purchase was a P229 Legion in 357sig. Next was the P226 Legion SAO. Both my legions are awesome. The finish on mine are great. I have no issues at all. I feel embarrassed that they are "issueless" after reading threads where owners of Legions have problems with their finish. Today after taking a 3 hour advanced shooting class I went to my LGS like an idiot and put a P229 elite dark 9mm in my hands and walked out with it. This LGS is a Sig master dealer so he had it since Dec 2013 and gave me a sweet deal to move it. Opened the box and it was still all oily like all the other Sigs with newer born dates. I can't find any information on the elite dark. It seems that they have the adjustable rear sights that sets it apart from other 229's. Is that the only difference? This is a great site for info and getting other more "seasoned" shooters experience. Look forward to participating more and getting more feedback especially on this P 229 elite dark. Thanks.

Registered
Sounds like you have a very nice family there. Oh, hello from Lorain County.

Premium Member
Your Sig family is rapidly increasing in size. I'm jealous. :) Welcome to SigTalk and congrats on your new 229 Elite. Greetings from the flat lands of Kansas.

Registered
Welcome to our forum and congratulations.

Full size SIG Sauers and classic USGI 1911s have always been among my favourite guns; I never stop learning, and after almost 38 years of guns-ownership I still enjoy shooting my own reloadings at IDPA ranges at least twice a week.
This is one of the best gun forums among the several I belong to, hope you'll enjoy your time here.

Shoot safe.

Registered
Welcome from another member of "the land"

Registered
Welcome from northern CA from a former Buckeye.

Registered
I joined in Feb 2017 after purchasing my first P227 in the fall of 2016. P227 is so much fun to shoot. Next was the P320 9mm carry, even more fun. Signed up and received my CCW. Next purchase was a P229 Legion in 357sig. Next was the P226 Legion SAO. Both my legions are awesome. The finish on mine are great. I have no issues at all. I feel embarrassed that they are "issueless" after reading threads where owners of Legions have problems with their finish. Today after taking a 3 hour advanced shooting class I went to my LGS like an idiot and put a P229 elite dark 9mm in my hands and walked out with it. This LGS is a Sig master dealer so he had it since Dec 2013 and gave me a sweet deal to move it. Opened the box and it was still all oily like all the other Sigs with newer born dates. I can't find any information on the elite dark. It seems that they have the adjustable rear sights that sets it apart from other 229's. Is that the only difference? This is a great site for info and getting other more "seasoned" shooters experience. Look forward to participating more and getting more feedback especially on this P 229 elite dark. Thanks.
Welcome! I'm also in Cleveland. Let me know if you ever wanna go shooting! Also, what gun store did you go to? I'm always looking for new shops and ranges.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.