SIG Talk banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All. I'm new here and I believe in being honest. So having said that I want to try and sell something but I have to reach 25 posts first. I understand the theory behind that but in practice it just doesn't work.

Instead of someone just making an account and selling something now they have to post. They don't want to post. So their posts are probably going to be **** and clog up the place. Plus what's the difference between one and 25 if thy leave after?

Who does it hurt if they only post once? Someone gets a good product and everyone is happy.

Again I'm just getting some bought out there. I'm off to try and add something useful but in all honesty I don't see how my knowledge can compete with you guys so.....

I certainly hope this isn't coming across as an angry, crotchety post :). I'm not mad at all.

To get the ball rolling I have a Sig P238 which I LOVE. It shoots just as comfortably as my full size handguns and no one believes me until they shoot it. I just wish it didn't have the safety located where it is. I have a medical condition and it makes it very difficult to articulate the safety when I'm trying to draw and shoot (practicing dry fire and live fire). No matter how much I train it simply cannot be overcome

I carried it for two years before it clicked that I was being "that guy" who thought he was covered because he carried but never practiced real scenarios. Man what an eye opener even dry fire practice is.

·
Premium Member
3,320 Posts
Welcome to SigTalk. Most all forums require some sort of representation prior to using their sales area. It gives the prospective buyers some insight as to the person they are buying from by reading through their post history. Getting your post count up is easy to do here at ST. You don't have to solve a problem or explain exactly how a particular action works to post here. It's a friendly forum and there are many opportunities to chime in with "hey that's a swell gun" or "man that's some impressive shooting" sort of posts. You might enjoy getting involved if you give it a shot. And if you are in a bigger hurry to sell your item, you might try a different avenue like Gunbroker or something similar. In any event, welcome aboard. I hope you enjoy these forums. Best of luck with your sale. Greetings from the flat lands of Kansas.

·
🎖USA Veteran Premium Member
9,057 Posts
Welcome from the West Coast of Florida. Opinions count

·
Registered
641 Posts
Welcome to our SIG Talk forum.

Full size "SIG Sauers", "CZ" sport pistols, and classic collectible "USGI 1911s" have always been among my favourite guns.

For the range I have owned several CZs and at least half a dozen SIG Sauers, great guns especially older German-proofed ones, the P226 to me is probably the most reliable pistol that I have owned in over 38 years of shooting handguns, and I've seen enough makes and models, in all service calibers, to know what to trust and what not to.

In the past I've been an avid gun collector, and apart from the guns that I bought for the range, I used to collect rifles K98K, Lugers, Mausers C96, Colt Pythons and US Military Issue M1911 & M1911A1 pistols

Not long ago I realized that a huge pile of guns wasn't making my life any better, so I thinned my collection and for now I've decided to use and enjoy what I've got, no more new guns for a while, but since I've always been a 1911 aficionado I'll keep all my 1911s and some range pistols.

I never stop learning, and I love learning with enthusiasm.
After over 38 years of guns-ownership I still enjoy shooting my own reloadings at IDPA ranges at least twice a week.
JMO this is one of the best gun forums among the several I belong to, to me it's quite a learning experience. hope you'll enjoy your time here.

Safe shooting.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Welcome FullAuto from TX.

What part of AZ do you dwell ?
Hi :). As of right now I'm in Gilbert but the spousal unit and I are buying a house in Queen Creek. Dunno how long it's going to take to close. We wanted to go to Anthem but an hour commute each way, every day sounded daunting.

I'm always down to get together with people who want to shoot. That is, when the fire restrictions are lifted. Unless someone has a place where that's not applicable around here.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Welcome to SigTalk. Most all forums require some sort of representation prior to using their sales area. It gives the prospective buyers some insight as to the person they are buying from by reading through their post history. Getting your post count up is easy to do here at ST. You don't have to solve a problem or explain exactly how a particular action works to post here. It's a friendly forum and there are many opportunities to chime in with "hey that's a swell gun" or "man that's some impressive shooting" sort of posts. You might enjoy getting involved if you give it a shot. And if you are in a bigger hurry to sell your item, you might try a different avenue like Gunbroker or something similar. In any event, welcome aboard. I hope you enjoy these forums. Best of luck with your sale. Greetings from the flat lands of Kansas.
I shared a story about a mishap with my p238 falling out of my pocket at 70 on my motorcycle that people seemed to enjoy so....so far so good.

·
Registered
6,106 Posts
Welcome from MD. I hope you sell your P238 and get a gun that suits your abilities.

About your concern of not having enough knowledge to compete here. It's not a competition; and those of us who have very little knowledge, gain very much from the conversations of those who are more experienced. I think that is one of the purposes of Sig Talk, and the Classified section is an added convenience.

So, as i said, I hope you sell your gun; but , in the interim, I hope you find Sig Talk as interesting as I did and stick around.

·
Registered
20,963 Posts
Instead of someone just making an account and selling something now they have to post. They don't want to post. So their posts are probably going to be **** and clog up the place. Plus what's the difference between one and 25 if thy leave after?

Who does it hurt if they only post once? Someone gets a good product and everyone is happy.
I'm not buying anything from anyone with only one post. I'm probably not buying anything from anyone with less than a few hundred. Good luck with your sale.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hmmmm, another reason minimum post requirements are irritating. 26 posts and I'm still locked from making a thread in the trading post. Sigh. Selling this thing has been nothing but a PITA lol. It's as if some force is at work behind the scenes trying to get me to keep it

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.