SIG Talk banner
1 - 20 of 154 Posts

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok so...my son calls me at work saying the ATF stopped by...

they dropped a letter off that states that they have information that I have bought solvent traps off Gun Broker...

FALSE...this couldn't be farther from the truth.

***?????

I'm at loss for....well everything rt now.

Has anybody have this happen or have any insight?

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Spoke with the agent...I explained the situation...bewilderment really...

he asked that I restate my lack of knowledge( of the subject at hand) in an email...
I had an inquiry from the FBI about some M1 Grand DCM riles and their location once. I explained in writing that I had no knowledge about the rifles other seeing them on occasion at the range. That was over thirty years ago and they haven't call back yet. I suspect someone might have mimicked your ID. I would just explain you did not buy any. IF you own a silencer tell them that and that you acquired them through proper procedures. In all likely hood you will never hear from them again.

·
Registered
23,652 Posts
I had to do some googling. I've never heard of solvent traps like the ones some may convert to suppressors. All the ones.I've seen are little plastic things. A lot of people use an empty plastic soda bottle.

Have you ever talked about them on a forum?

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I had to do some googling. I've never heard of solvent traps like the ones some may convert to suppressors. All the ones.I've seen are little plastic things. A lot of people use an empty plastic soda bottle.

Have you ever talked about them on a forum?
...nope...I looked em up a year or two ago wondering about all the fuss, but that's it...

Reactions: hauki

·
Registered
23,652 Posts
I would get legal advice. They want you to put something in writing with that email. If they find anything they could use that contradicts what you wrote in your statement (email), they could bury you for lying to the FBI.

·
🎖USAF Retired
1,112 Posts
Sounds more like a total scam to me.
Spoke with the agent...I explained the situation...bewilderment really...

he asked that I restate my lack of knowledge( of the subject at hand) in an email...
And how did you contact him? Did you call a number he gave you or did you look up and contact the ATF directly? First off, you should not have done so - you should have had your attorney make that contact. If you called a number that the individual gave you then it's highly likely you may not be talking to a real ATF agent. You should probably just bide your time doing nothing at all unless they show up with an actual warrant.

·
🎖USAF Veteran Premium Member
P226 Legion LE, P229 Legion LE, P229, P220, P224, P320 X-Vtac, P320 X-Carry Pro, CZ TSO, CZ SP-01
1,187 Posts
Don't give them any information, even though you didn't do anything wrong. The response: Provide a warrant and/or speak to my attorney. Like stated earlier, anything you say to them or write in an email will be twisted later if they can twist it.

·
Premium Member
295 Posts
Next: Potato silencer urban legend. Door-to-door potato confiscation.😂 I can see it now, food markets raided, Mr Potato Head kits confisctated. Where will it end!😂😂😂
Font Art Moustache Photo caption Fictional character

1 - 20 of 154 Posts