SIG Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like to try a Heine Slant Pro rear sight on my P229 with a Dawson FO front if I can get one to fit. They only make them for the P220 and P226 models. Would either of these fit or be made to fit easily. I'm very good with fine hand work.

·
Resident Armorer Premium Member
15,060 Posts
Why do they offer two models? Two different heights? Heights are not listed.
Normally the front sight is different height. 9mm and .357 Sig use a #8 front, and .40 S&W and .45 ACP use a #6.

Sometimes mixing brands runs into a problem, as their sight profiles vary. That's where you would need to know the overall height of each companies sights.

Attachments

·
Registered
9,040 Posts
You can't just go by the numbers if you are mixing sight manufacturers front to rear, as Willard says. The #8 rear sight is for sure a number 8 only relation to the height of the front sight from the same manufacturer. It should get you the same POA/POI as another company's 6-8 set, though not necessarily so if you mix them. To mix them successfully, you will need to compare actual heights.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I will buy one or the other rear first. Shoot it with my known original #6 , .40 front. Then use the Dawson tables or call them for the correct front FO heights to get the poi that I want. I'm just trying to figure out which rear first.
I'll call Heine tomorrow to see if their customer service has the info I need.
Thanks guys for your time.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.