SIG Talk banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Fellow P226 Lovers!

I watched many SRT Kit installed. They are either blurry, or doesnt clearly show how the SRT kit parts go in. After watching a ton of videos, read forums, and looked at pictures, I finally figured out how do it.

For people that are not that familiar with guns, I had saved you the trouble and made a "HD SRT Kit install video" that clearly shows step by step and how the parts go into the gun. I hope this video helps people understand better, and the install is quiet simple.

Please check it out :D

·
Premium Member
7,598 Posts
thx for sharing

·
Registered
821 Posts
Good job!

I've watched several of those install videos and some of them make it look complicated with all the fumbling around they do while trying to put the sear in. Haha

·
Registered
171 Posts
I pull my SRT out of the frame for re-lube all the time. No need to even remove the grips. About a five minute job. Should be standard on all P series with G10 grips.

·
Registered
851 Posts
I could have really used this a couple months ago. I was also underwhelmed by the quality of the tutorial videos I was finding online.
Since I know how to do it now, I was considering making a video myself, but lack of a quality camera, and basic social skills prevented me from doing so.
Thank you for making this.

·
Premium Member
12,022 Posts
I'm lucky that since I've installed so many, it's very easy and quick for me (especially in double-stack models), but it's great to have a nice clear video that helps. Good stuff.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I used my Samsung note 5 to record the video on a bright day. I was also wearing a headlamp to light up dark areas. Thanks for watching

·
Premium Member
18,372 Posts
Thank you for sharing, a very nice video!

If I might, I'd suggest you consider picking up a SIG Armorer Tool.

The tool has four tips with it, two of which I use quite often.

The flat screwdriver tip is specifically designed to fit the grips screws on SIG Classic P-series handguns. Notice the curvature in my picture below, it fits the slot perfectly, no more buggered up grip screw slots!

The other end is a small straight screwdriver with a notch cut into it. This notch captures the sear spring perfectly, making installation so much easier than trying to catch under the thumbnail. As an alternative, you could always file a small groove in the end of the screw driver you used in the video, just makes that step of the process so much easier.

Again, thank you for sharing, a very well done video!

·
Registered
506 Posts
Great video and great work. There are some good ones, one where dude sounds like the karate kid is pretty good lol. True though a lot of people don't show where to drop the parts in.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Ordered mine at optics planet. 2 weeks later, I ordered some G10 grips that were on sale for a special price (if you called in, they were $85 for P229 Gmascus piranha), while I was on the phone I asked the customer service rep about the status of my SRT. She said that they were back ordered showing AUGUST as the expected delivery date. I was kind of in shock that they didn't notify me that it was on backorder for 5 months! I obviously cancelled and ordered from midway. It arrived 3 days later.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Ordered mine at optics planet. 2 weeks later, I ordered some G10 grips that were on sale for a special price (if you called in, they were $85 for P229 Gmascus piranha), while I was on the phone I asked the customer service rep about the status of my SRT. She said that they were back ordered showing AUGUST as the expected delivery date. I was kind of in shock that they didn't notify me that it was on backorder for 5 months! I obviously cancelled and ordered from midway. It arrived 3 days later.

Good to know I was considering ordering from them but it doesn't show back order! I wish I would have got that grip sale!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
104 Posts
I finally found a 229 srt kit after getting one for the 220 instead. Thanks to your video it took me 20 minutes to install! You just saved me $50

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 17 of 17 Posts