SIG Talk banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Fellow P226 Lovers!

I watched many SRT Kit installed. They are either blurry, or doesnt clearly show how the SRT kit parts go in. After watching a ton of videos, read forums, and looked at pictures, I finally figured out how do it.

For people that are not that familiar with guns, I had saved you the trouble and made a "HD SRT Kit install video" that clearly shows step by step and how the parts go into the gun. I hope this video helps people understand better, and the install is quiet simple.

Please check it out :D

·
Registered
851 Posts
I could have really used this a couple months ago. I was also underwhelmed by the quality of the tutorial videos I was finding online.
Since I know how to do it now, I was considering making a video myself, but lack of a quality camera, and basic social skills prevented me from doing so.
Thank you for making this.

·
Premium Member
13,408 Posts
I'm lucky that since I've installed so many, it's very easy and quick for me (especially in double-stack models), but it's great to have a nice clear video that helps. Good stuff.

·
Premium Member
18,513 Posts
Thank you for sharing, a very nice video!

If I might, I'd suggest you consider picking up a SIG Armorer Tool.

The tool has four tips with it, two of which I use quite often.

The flat screwdriver tip is specifically designed to fit the grips screws on SIG Classic P-series handguns. Notice the curvature in my picture below, it fits the slot perfectly, no more buggered up grip screw slots!

The other end is a small straight screwdriver with a notch cut into it. This notch captures the sear spring perfectly, making installation so much easier than trying to catch under the thumbnail. As an alternative, you could always file a small groove in the end of the screw driver you used in the video, just makes that step of the process so much easier.

Again, thank you for sharing, a very well done video!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Ordered mine at optics planet. 2 weeks later, I ordered some G10 grips that were on sale for a special price (if you called in, they were $85 for P229 Gmascus piranha), while I was on the phone I asked the customer service rep about the status of my SRT. She said that they were back ordered showing AUGUST as the expected delivery date. I was kind of in shock that they didn't notify me that it was on backorder for 5 months! I obviously cancelled and ordered from midway. It arrived 3 days later.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Ordered mine at optics planet. 2 weeks later, I ordered some G10 grips that were on sale for a special price (if you called in, they were $85 for P229 Gmascus piranha), while I was on the phone I asked the customer service rep about the status of my SRT. She said that they were back ordered showing AUGUST as the expected delivery date. I was kind of in shock that they didn't notify me that it was on backorder for 5 months! I obviously cancelled and ordered from midway. It arrived 3 days later.

Good to know I was considering ordering from them but it doesn't show back order! I wish I would have got that grip sale!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.