SIG Talk banner
21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have six different holsters for my SIG P365XL. Ironically, my favorite holster and the one I carry the most is a Tulster Profile. I also got the Tulster OATH, Tier 1 Concealed Axis Elite, G-Code Phenom, TT Gunleather IWB, and a Mitch Rosen 5JR. Go figure I prefer the cheapest holster of the bunch.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
One conclusion I made later in the quest, don't skimp on the holster. The cheapest holster I use costs $85 and the other end of the spectrum is $250. When you land on a quality holster, you will know it by fit and feel and will repeat the purchase for other firearms. I have also found preferences are different for everyone.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk
I agree that quality counts, but the Scorpion I'm using ran under $20 on eBay.

I actually bought it as an experiment since, as I mentioned earlier, I was not into what I thought was "tacti-cool", but after using it a bit I was hooked.

Guess I lucked out on that one...

·
Registered
268 Posts
I agree that quality counts, but the Scorpion I'm using ran under $20 on eBay.

I actually bought it as an experiment since, as I mentioned earlier, I was not into what I thought was "tacti-cool", but after using it a bit I was hooked.

Guess I lucked out on that one...
That’s funny, and I can relate. I’ve bought some expensive holsters in the past but the ones I’ve been using lately are a couple of $25-30 off-brands I found on eBay

·
Registered
404 Posts
Over the decades of owning pistols I've accumulated LOTS for various handguns. I deliberately tried both different brands, and designs to see what I liked (probably 15 - 16 different well known makers). And the designs I;ve tried have been leather, hybrid, and all kydex in both OWB and IWB (and various belt attachment methods too - clips, loops, claws etc...). What I've gleaned from my trial and error method (besides that its expensive) is (and this is what works for me):
  • prefer minimalist holsters (primarily kydex). The larger / bulkier type (like alien gear, comp-tac and crossbreed hybrids are not for me even though they are well made)
  • IWB conceals better for me and is comfortable with the right holster, but I do like OWB for certain (mid to larger) pistols and situations.
  • for OWB, I add some sort of wedge that tilts the grip a bit into my body (3:30 - 4 o'clock) position. Being 6 ft 1 and 175 I am careful not to obviously print
  • a real gun belt is essential to on the body belt carry - this cannot be stressed enough. Kore essentials belts for me (especially their nylon which is as stiff as they come)

with the above said I will now consider and buy from: bravo concealment, JM custom kydex, SCK, concealment express (maybe tulster and PJ holsters too). And safariland for level 1 retention holsters

·
Registered
P365. Five Glocks Gen3. Three AK47's. Many others.
31 Posts
I carry my 365 in a Don Hume holster just like in the attached picture below. Affordable and VERY comfortable to wear. High quality too. This is the third holster I have bought that works the best for me.
Brown Product Liver Gun accessory Personal protective equipment

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
I carry my 365 in a Don Hume holster just like in the attached picture below. Affordable and VERY comfortable to wear. High quality too. This is the third holster I have bought that works the best for me.
View attachment 416083
Where’d you get a 365 with a hammer..? 😎

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Seriously, Hume is good stuff and surprisingly affordable. I almost went with their leather IWB before getting the Winthrop in my photo.

·
Registered
174 Posts
The holster that came in the TacPac works well as an OWB holster, but is too chunky for me as an IWB holster. I found that DeSantis' Slim Tuk works very well as an AIWB holster. Lightweight kydex with an offset plastic clip, and a value at $30.
Rectangle Gun accessory Metal Fashion accessory Auto part

·
Registered
P365. Five Glocks Gen3. Three AK47's. Many others.
31 Posts
Where’d you get a 365 with a hammer..? 😎
This was a display photo from Don Hume's website. My 365 does NOT have a hammer...:cool:
But it's the same holster I bought and use daily.

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
I carry my P320 X Compact in a Vedder LightTuck. It is comfortable and conceals well.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
This was a display photo from Don Hume's website. My 365 does NOT have a hammer...:cool:
But it's the same holster I bought and use daily.
I know, I was teasing, hence the 😎.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Not exactly a holster, but the PHLSTER Enigma Chassis has been a total game changer to my ccw. The freedom to wear any kind of pants is so liberating, I don’t see a reason to go back to gun belts and uncomfortable pants. I can now carry in gym shorts, dress pants, joggers, or even no pants! All without compromising comfort, draw stroke, or retention.

·
Registered
482 Posts
I have a few too many for my P365, By the time I got my P365XL I knew what I liked, found comfortable, and worked and what didn't. My daily go to are the Kusiak IWB minimalist Signature holsters. If I decide I'm going to use a hybrid, it is the StealthGear AIWB ventcore. I've recently been trying the Muddy River Tactical soft water buffalo minimalist holster. It is the closest in design to the Kusiaks that I've found, but the leather is softer. I like that, however, the clips are not set up for as deep concealment. So I'm sticking with the Kusiaks.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have a few too many for my P365, By the time I got my P365XL I knew what I liked, found comfortable, and worked and what didn't. My daily go to are the Kusiak IWB minimalist Signature holsters. If I decide I'm going to use a hybrid, it is the StealthGear AIWB ventcore. I've recently been trying the Muddy River Tactical soft water buffalo minimalist holster. It is the closest in design to the Kusiaks that I've found, but the leather is softer. I like that, however, the clips are not set up for as deep concealment. So I'm sticking with the Kusiaks.
Which clips do you go with on your tuckable signature? I've seen mention of kydex j-hooks on kusiak's videos, but don't see it as an option in the dropdown menu. Maybe they've since replaced those with the ulticlip 3, as the only tuckable option that's not visible over the belt, like the standard and ulticlip XL are.

A question for kusiak directly to be sure, just thought I'd bounce that off Golem's recent posting in case anyone here also knew.

·
Registered
482 Posts
I have the metal clips on mine. And they are tuckable. Just check the tuckable box. Farther down the selection list I are the options for types of clips, like the standard metal or the utliclip. I can honestly say the metal ones are tight!

Also, if you have aftermarket rear sights, check with Kusiak ahead of time to make sure they don’t need to account for any size differences when making the holster. I know from experience that the TruGlo TFX Pro rear sights are much longer front to back than the X-Rays and this requires Kusiak to trim some leather so the gun will holster all the way with them.

·
Registered
309 Posts
OWB: Brommeland Def-Con or TTGunLeather DDOO
IWB: Milt Sparks Criterion or Sticky

Those are my go to for all of my carry guns. I've been through several great holsters before basically setting on them.

·
Registered
19 Posts
For my 365 I’ve got a MFT, the one that came with in tacpac, versa element with mag pouch, vedder rapid tuck, alien gear appendix carry, and just got the hidden hybrid appendix carry with claw.

The hidden hybrid is my favorite closely followed by the vedder. I AIWB carry and they are the two most comfortable ones and don’t print. The alien gear prints like crazy. The versa is comfortable but there’s no reholstering it or even holstering it when wearing it gotta put the pistol and mag in it before putting it on which meh not a fan of. The MFT is all kydex I bought it when I bought the gun just to have something till my vedder came in. I want to get a good pocket holster for it and try that because I do a ton of kayak fishing and carrying when on the kayak appendix gets a little uncomfortable on long days.

21 - 40 of 45 Posts