SIG Talk banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have, but it did take a few false starts to get there.

To be fair, the belly band is a hold-over from another gun, but it fits the P365 perfectly so it stays in the rotation.

The leather Winthrop at top left is typical of my jeans go-to, while the tan suede Blackhawk to its right is also a long-time favorite style.

The SIG contraption at lower left came with my TacPac and is pretty useless, but playing with it intrigued me enough to try (and end up with) the winner, the thermoplastic Scorpion at 6 o'clock, which is ironic because I always sneered at those as too "tacticool".

Safe, quiet, and comfy, once I tried it I was hooked. Not too pricey, either.

Incidentally, I only got my P365 this last June...

Font Material property Auto part Tints and shades Fashion accessory

·
Registered
424 Posts
Don't ask how many "tubs" of holsters I have and how much $$$ I spent on those. But in the end, I only have 7 holsters that I use for 3 firearms which are my rotation for the year.

One conclusion I made later in the quest, don't skimp on the holster. The cheapest holster I use costs $85 and the other end of the spectrum is $250. When you land on a quality holster, you will know it by fit and feel and will repeat the purchase for other firearms. I have also found preferences are different for everyone.

I think gun enthusiasts will admit they have a "ton" of holsters, most of which will never see the light of day.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
37 Posts
Good deal! Your 6 o'clock looks very similar to the one I use. I actually landed on my 3rd holster for my 365. It's a Crucial Concealment. Does a great job.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
268 Posts
Yep. I used to carry mine 3:00 with an Alien Gear Cloak Tuck 3.5. Although comfortable it printed a little with just a T shirt. I’ve found AIWB with a claw is the way to go for me. No printing, comfortable and faster draw. Mines a BraDec holster, about half the price of the big names.
Brown Wood Font Tints and shades Pattern

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good deal! Your 6 o'clock looks very similar to the one I use. I actually landed on my 3rd holster for my 365. It's a Crucial Concealment. Does a great job.

Interesting that yours has provision for the ambidex safety.

Mine does not, which works since I cut off the right side lever before installing it.

I guess I lucked out because it never occurred to me to check for this feature, and I wouldn't want it for my particular gun.

Thanks for sharing!

Sleeve Gesture Glove Safety glove Personal protective equipment

·
Registered
12 Posts
I pocket carry in a Nemesis pocket holster, OWB in Urban Carry Lock Leather. Did a lot of research, got the OWB right on the first try. Tried a Vedder Pocket Locker before the Nemesis, holster kept coming out on the draw. Sent it back, don't have that issue with the Nemesis.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I use a Vedder comfort tuck with my P320. I conceals very well with shorts and a t-shirt. My P365 get a lot of home time. It does not have the M17 slide on it when carrying, although it does fit. Thought about getting one for my P365 also.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Good timing on this thread. I was going to ask everyone’s opinion on an OWB for the 365x and Romeo zero. So that being said…any suggestions?
there’s a ton of web reviews, but I would rather get a real take from you all.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Been carrying for decades. Both revolvers and pistols. IWB and OWB. Belly bands, Shoulder, Ankle...have tried them all. Some worked pretty good. Some not so much. Even had a "groin pouch" at one time.

Carried a Titanium .38 in a horsehide IWB for a long time. And the same .38 in a leather OWB pancake - alternating summer/winter between the two. The past year saw a move to the P365 and thus new holsters were needed. Milt Sparks is a known maker to me and their SSII has a stellar reputation. I have a couple Milt Sparks holsters and awaiting delivery of my newest SSII in Horsehide/Sharkskin to match my belt and magazine pouch.

Over time I ended up at 3:00 - both IWB and OWB. Works for me. Needs a good belt. I prefer leather.

Reactions: rmfnla

·
Registered
38 Posts
I recently bought two Vedder light tucks with the claw one for my 225a1 and one for my 229 .40 I’m used to carrying them and the weight isn’t an issue. I carry appendix. Oh by the way I had to take truck load of holsters to the dump.

·
Premium Member
866 Posts
I have boxes of holsters. Not for any one gun, but it wasn't uncommon for me to buy three or four holsters before I found the one that worked for me. Now I am much more knowledgable and can generally get it on the first or second try. The monkey in the wrench is finding one I like that can hold a weapon light. It has also become easier now that I carry appendix. Currently I carry with holsters from Mitch Rosen, Dara, Ruger and Bravo Concealment (though I hate those guys for being so selective with what models they're make holsters for), but there are many other good companies obviously. Those are just the ones working for me at the moment. I'm sure I'll have more boxes of holstes in my future.

Reactions: rmfnla

·
Premium Member
866 Posts
I had to modify a 9mm Bravo Concealment holster with a heat gun for my thicker P229 Enhanced Elite chambered in .357 SIG (left). It's doesn't look perfect, but it works. I have a Dara holster on the right for my Beretta PX4 Storm Compact Inox. I had to modify both of those with a foam wedge held on by velcro to point the muzzle away from the family jewels. Both of these I got right on the first purchase (after I modified them of course).

Camera accessory Dvi cable Gadget Handgun holster Metal

·
Registered
52 Posts
Oh heck .... I've got about 30 holsters, probably more that I've used over the years. I like Safariland, Frontline, Braid's and Desantis. Mostly leather, but a couple kydex

1 - 20 of 45 Posts