SIG Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm planning to put a Deltapoint Pro on my P320c. I work in a manufacturing facility and have access to a CNC mill.

I have two questions. How deep can I make my cut? I want to go as deep as possible without affecting any function or reliability of the gun since the DPP has a taller base than most RMR type optics.

And

What suppressor height sights do you recommend? I'm leaning towards the Trijicon Bright & Toughs. I've heard mixed reviews on the Ameriglo SG-181s, and the only other option I know of is the Siglite surpressor sights.

Thanks!

·
Registered
481 Posts
Haven't done it but I would likely do it myself. I have a couple of sources where I could have access to CNC machines and/or just basic Bridgeport mills.

I'm the cautious type and wouldn't go any deeper than necessary so as to avoid any possibility of weakening and critical areas or removing any more slide mass than necessary.

I'm sure some careful measurements before cutting would tell you how deep you could go.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
From the measuring I've done, I feel pretty confident I can go .100" with no issues. However, I've seen a few pictures on this forum that actually have exposed a couple of cavities in the slide and the owners reported no loss of functionality or reliability.

I'm really hoping some folks will chime in with the depths of their cuts. Even if they sent it to someone else to do the work. I would love to know how deep your slide is cut if you can measure it, and what sights work best.

·
Registered
3 Posts
JGorman:

It sounds like you want to cowitness the irons with the DPP. Which is what I want to do as well.

I started this red dot optics journey by installing the DPP using the Leopold mount base that connects via the rear sight dovetail. That puts the DPP very high, and in measuring the height of the new suppressor, I got to 0.655.. which is ridiculously high!

I am now researching milling the slide -- and your question is very pertinent to me. However, I have gotten feedback from one gunsmith (Galloway Precision) that they could not get the sight to cowitness as the DPP is too tall. Another (L&MPrecisionGunworks) said it might work. And SuarezInternational said absolutely not... it would not work.

Very, very interested stay in the loop of what you are thinking of doing!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
JGorman:

It sounds like you want to cowitness the irons with the DPP. Which is what I want to do as well.

I started this red dot optics journey by installing the DPP using the Leopold mount base that connects via the rear sight dovetail. That puts the DPP very high, and in measuring the height of the new suppressor, I got to 0.655.. which is ridiculously high!

I am now researching milling the slide -- and your question is very pertinent to me. However, I have gotten feedback from one gunsmith (Galloway Precision) that they could not get the sight to cowitness as the DPP is too tall. Another (L&MPrecisionGunworks) said it might work. And SuarezInternational said absolutely not... it would not work.

Very, very interested stay in the loop of what you are thinking of doing!
I sent an email containing these same two questions to the Sig Armorer and L&M. No response from Sig Armorer as of yet, here's what L&M said.

"Installation of a DP Pro is a fairly standard installation. It uses the Leupold rear sight and a taller front sight for an iron sightpicture in the lower portion of the optic window.
Send your slide, optic and a work order and we'll get you taken care of."

Not exactly what I was looking for. But they seem to think it's not a big deal. Ha

1 - 5 of 5 Posts