SIG Talk banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
I've seen a Carry grip module with a slot cut out for the manual safety, if thats what youre asking.

Remember that the manual safety is a feature of the FCU and not of the grip module. As long as your FCU has the manual safety, a slot can be added to whatever grip module you want (CA, SC, etc).

I recall seeing a post at some point where this was done with basic tools, and it came out pretty good.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Come to Massachusetts and you'll see all the manual safeties you can handle for a lifetime

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Where, where where!!!!!!! :D:D:confused:

I am looking for a FDE P320 9mm w/ MS.

·
Registered
765 Posts
That is the new model for the US Army's MHS procurement. Not sure when/if it will be available to mere muggles anytime soon. The manual safety, RMR cut, color, etc were specific to that offering.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Wow it even shows it having a LCI, havent seen that on any of the commercial models, it is a feature on the M17 though

·
Registered
4 Posts
wait - a P320 SP Carry has a DAO trigger? Wasn't this the very reason all the P250 haters moved to the P320 to begin with? I mean, yeah, hammer/striker, but DAO?

·
Registered
763 Posts
Standard P320 has no hammer, correct. But the trigger is DAK - Double Action Kellerman, which is sort of DA/SA, but not quite.
The P320 is striker fired, no hammer and not DAK. Many call it a DAO but IMO that is a misnomer also IMO it's best described as a striker. It is called a double action because the trigger pull, pulls the striker back slightly before it releases, but the striker is already pulled back most of the way by the slide reciprocating and resetting it. A striker has a longer take up than a single action, but that take up is very light compared to a double action.

There are "2" actions, pulling the striker back slightly, and then releasing it, which is why people call it a DAO, but the feel is very much somewhere between all other SAO and DAO.

Edit: I left out DAK is a DAO with 2 reset points, and a double strike capability, which the P320 does not have.

Reactions: Luckypup and stlmia
1 - 20 of 30 Posts