SIG Talk banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a gun safe. I don't need top of the line, and I'm not trying to stop an determined intruder/looter, but I'd like to lock up what I have when I'm not in the house (and move it into a closet).

I'm looking for something that could store 8-10 handguns and 4-6 long guns.

Does anyone have a suggestion?

·
Registered
15 Posts
I bought one of these a few years back, and bolted it to a shelf in my closet. I used round headed bolts so it couldn't be unscrewed from the outside of the safe.

It's definitely inexpensive, but very durable, and meets the need for one or two handguns, plus a knife and flashlight.

I also pulled the wire for the beeping buttons, so it would be quieter if I need to use it in the case of an intruder.

0.37 cu. ft. Electronic Safe

·
Registered
131 Posts
I use the Sentry X055. It's like $55 on Amazon, but you'd need a bigger size obviously.

Your title says "handgun" safe, but then you say you need it to hold 4-6 long guns?

·
Premium Member
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Your title says "handgun" safe, but then you say you need it to hold 4-6 long guns?
Almost all the safes I see for sale are geared to long guns with handguns being an afterthought. I have more handguns than long guns and wanted a handgun focused safe. :)

·
Premium Member
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
6,148 Posts
I know you can build the Liberty safes to your specs. The smaller model is under a grand and has enough room for your long guns and can be requested with the handgun pouches on the inner door. Check out their web site. A lot of dealers carry their stuff too so you may find one locally to check out.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.