SIG Talk banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
Poppastar a.k.a. pops
945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking for one of these in good condition and have the opportunity to pick one up tomorrow.

It's a 10 round model so will have to spend some money on magazines. It's got letter designation DE.

I know this isn't much info but anything important I should pay attention to other than fit/finish and proper function checking? It seems pretty straight forward to me.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
Poppastar a.k.a. pops
945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Ok thank, appreciate that. It's a bit more than that so we'll see.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Yes do the standard inspection and be aware that the usp parts are easily changed out/upgraded so after the initial inspection, I recommend you fondle the gun to determine if it has the proper trigger, springs, etc.

I changed out the springs, hammer, and some match trigger parts in mine and it was easy to do. If I bought one used, I’d check all of that just to know what I bought.

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
USPC is a nice gun. I have one but I gotta say I like my P2000 LEM V0 even better. Th P2000 is the same as the USP but just more refined and updated.Uses the same mags as the USPC. Excellent shooter out of the box. The only thing I did was swap out the mag release levers for the HK45 version, (bigger, easier to hit), and swapped out for a low profile slim right side release. This was an outstanding pistol that I carried in my last two years at my former job. The USPC is a classic, no doubt about it and if that’s what you are looking for then get the USPC. If you want a great shooting pistol that is very close but updated the P2000 is the way to go IMO.
Air gun Wood Trigger Gun barrel Everyday carry
Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel Everyday carry

·
Registered
406 Posts
USPc vs P2000? It depends on what feels better to you. The p2000 feels slicker and more difficult for me to grasp. Also, I missed the decocker/safety. Other than that, I just plain old shot the USP better.

So out the door my p2000 went...

·
Premium Member
1,730 Posts
I have the regular USP in .45 and the USPc in .45 and .357 Sig. I like the full sized one fine, but prefer the compacts. OTOH, I am not as crazy about the DA aspect of the USP’s. My old P30 seems better in that aspect. But it’s a 9. I am told one can replace the trigger with a competition one, which improves it a lot. Haven’t done so - yet.

Once upon a time, mags were relatively easy to find and at a decent price. Doesn’t seem so anymore. I have been waiting for availability on 10-rnd baseplates for the USPc .45 for months. No joy on that. Perhaps that will change, but my suspicion is it is at the bottom of the list for HK.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Excellent choice. I had one in 9mm, variation1 (standard DA/SA with left-side decocker safety). I would still have it if I didn't trade it away for a SIG!

·
Premium Member
3,050 Posts
Thanks guys. PIcked it up, cleaned it up and put some rounds down range today. She's a winner.

View attachment 416422
Congrats on buying one of the best, most thoroughly tested and vetted pistols available. I love my USPc, esp. after putting a lighter (#10) hammer spring in it, and getting it broken in.

·
Premium Member
Poppastar a.k.a. pops
945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yeah, it's a V1 as well and fortunately didn't give anything up to get it. Lighter hammer spring, 13 round mag and larger mag release incoming.

Running out of room!

·
Registered
P365XL/P226
209 Posts
I've been looking for one of these in good condition and have the opportunity to pick one up tomorrow.

It's a 10 round model so will have to spend some money on magazines. It's got letter designation DE.

I know this isn't much info but anything important I should pay attention to other than fit/finish and proper function checking? It seems pretty straight forward to me.

Thanks
Just to toss this out for general information;

I bought a USPc in 9mm last year. I saw a complete 40S&W slide on AL for sale and found out that all is needed is to swap slides i.e. your 9mm is now a 40S&W. So I bought it. I then purchased a 357sig barrel new from RCM which works fantastic and it's now a 3-in-1 pistol.

As others have said, built like a tank.

You can also add the enhanced paddle release levers (if it hasn't already been done). This is a simple mod that takes only a couple of minutes and does make a bit of a difference. Here is the standard release.

Here is the enhanced.

Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content

I prefer the flush base plate. Talon style grips are nice as well.

·
Premium Member
Poppastar a.k.a. pops
945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks Dave, this IS good to know. I thought I could convert my FNX-9 to .40. The slide fit but the .40 magazines didn't fit in the 9's magwell.

I assume you bought a .40 S&W magazine to go with the upper? If so no issues fitting in the 9's frame magwell? I'm sure the uppers are pricey and hard to come but good to know.

·
Registered
P365XL/P226
209 Posts
Thanks Dave, this IS good to know. I thought I could convert my FNX-9 to .40. The slide fit but the .40 magazines didn't fit in the 9's magwell.

I assume you bought a .40 S&W magazine to go with the upper? If so no issues fitting in the 9's frame magwell? I'm sure the uppers are pricey and hard to come but good to know.
Glad I could offer something useful to you :)

The 40 slide I bought off a guy locally (Armslist) had the complete slide and several 40 mags that came with the deal. And of course the 40 mags will take the 357sig rounds as well. And no issues at all using the 40 mags in the 9mm frame. I've shot it multiple times in this format including an Outlaw match. Not a hiccup or bobble. I couldn't be more pleased with it. I installed night sights on the 40 slide so now, for me, it's the complete package. As a side note, shooting either 40 or 357sig out of the HK is pure wonderfulness. The recoil is like 9mm in a Glock. The recoil reduction system in the HK really works well so it's quite pleasant to shoot. And accuracy is insane.

If the space alien nazi ninja zombies attack I'll have the Glock 45 in the go-bag along with my Sub 2K but the USPc is the one I want on my side.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts