SIG Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What barrel length did you cut down to and why? I've seen 4.5" a number of times and wonder what the data is that serves this decision. I'm ready to get my Octane tucked up in the handguard and overall length down. Is there a ballistic sweet spot?

· Registered
1,658 Posts
What barrel length did you cut down to and why? I've seen 4.5" a number of times and wonder what the data is that serves this decision. I'm ready to get my Octane tucked up in the handguard and overall length down. Is there a ballistic sweet spot?
I went with the 4.5" barrel from In Lead We Trust. I like how it comes with a 3-lug adapter machined into the barrel, but also includes a threaded muzzle so you can use your suppressor with either the 3-lug mount or the standard threaded fixed mount. And the Octane 45HD fits inside perfectly. :)

But as for why the 4.5" and not something else? I wanted the shorterest one they offered. I would think anything shorter might result in iffy accuracy after a certain point and anything longer... well... what's the point? ILWT also sold a 6.5" version, but I didn't think losing 1.5" from the factory original made it worth it. And I wanted that integrally suppressed look anyhow. :)

But why did the ILWT go with 4.5" and not 4" or 4.75" or whatever else? I dunno. It didn't even occur to me to ask "Why 4.5" and not something else?"

Reactions: Mariposa

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I had mine cut to 4.5" and threaded 1/2x28. The choice of 4.5" was based on making sure that ammo that is rather subsonic in a 5" barrel stays that way.
I run a GA Revolution 9 in K config with it and it's a super fun gun.
I'm thinking of running a carbine class with it.

My post in the picture thread
I think this is my plan as well after doing some research today. Thanks!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.