SIG Talk banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Since I work in film, I thought it'd be fun to start a little thread where we share our favorite movie guns...real of fictional...or gun-related scenes, or how we may have been turned on to certain guns because of a movie, and so on.

IMFDB is a really cool reference to look up guns in movies, but let's hear some personal musings. I'll start with one that I'm sure is at the top of many people's list...even those who aren't even really into guns.......

Rick Deckard's (Harrison Ford) LAPD Blaster in 'Blade Runner'

The fictional future-detective sidearm constructed by basically sticking a Charter Arms Bulldog .44 Special Revolver up inside the receiver from a Steyr Mannlicher .222 bolt-action rifle.

Besides its undeniable screen presence, what always got me was that it was unclear as to what it actually fired. In movies like Star Wars, it's clearly a laser/energy bolt of some sort...but in Blade Runner, was it bullet, a laser.....? The way it was sound-designed and filmed, it made a big boom when fired, and the damage it did made me think it had to be either a hand-held shotgun or some sort of exploding round. Thought it was kind of cool that even though you saw it shooting people/replicants, it was still a bit up to the imagination as to exactly what was coming out of it.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Since this is Sig talk I will say NCIS. They pretty much all carry Sigs especially the p228 if I recall.

Reactions: Jackbert

·
Registered
3,079 Posts
You must include Dirty Harry - Do you feel lucky punk?

·
Registered
485 Posts
The Pulse Rifles...

...in "Aliens"!

"Game over, man!!"

Whacking high volumes of monsters with acid for blood...

Oh...and Sigourney Weaver as "Ripley" is bad ***...

Northlight

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Since I work in film, I thought it'd be fun to start a little thread where we share our favorite movie guns...real of fictional...or gun-related scenes, or how we may have been turned on to certain guns because of a movie, and so on.

IMFDB is a really cool reference to look up guns in movies, but let's hear some personal musings. I'll start with one that I'm sure is at the top of many people's list...even those who aren't even really into guns.......

Rick Deckard's (Harrison Ford) LAPD Blaster in 'Blade Runner'

The fictional future-detective sidearm constructed by basically sticking a Charter Arms Bulldog .44 Special Revolver up inside the receiver from a Steyr Mannlicher .222 bolt-action rifle.

Besides its undeniable screen presence, what always got me was that it was unclear as to what it actually fired. In movies like Star Wars, it's clearly a laser/energy bolt of some sort...but in Blade Runner, was it bullet, a laser.....? The way it was sound-designed and filmed, it made a big boom when fired, and the damage it did made me think it had to be either a hand-held shotgun or some sort of exploding round. Thought it was kind of cool that even though you saw it shooting people/replicants, it was still a bit up to the imagination as to exactly what was coming out of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DUULvPJTgk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITiJkdL5QEQ
I always loved this gun. Reminds of the Rhino

Attachments

·
Registered
4,235 Posts

Reactions: TimKempAK

·
Premium Member
12,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You must include Dirty Harry - Do you feel lucky punk?
Personally, my favorite Eastwood guns were the conversion revolvers he used in "the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly".......

·
Premium Member
12,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I dig Val Kilmer firing his M16 (Colt 733) in the shootout during the bank robbery scene in Heat
The sound design on that scene really made it.

·
Registered
6,550 Posts
Best movie gun of all time? Easily the Death Star!

I have to say though, since I found out about IMFDB some time ago, there aren't too many movies or shows that I watch where I wont look it up afterwards to see how many guns I was able to properly identify. It makes even the most terrible of movies a lot of fun. The best though is when I spot my own guns on the big screen. A great example from this past weekend was when I got sucked back into watching John Wick (totally underappreciated movie IMO.) My 26, 686 and KSG were on full display!

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
I always remember the movie called "The Villain" or also "Cactus Jack." It's Arnold Schwarzenegger's only western and in he carries a seven shot six shooter. There is a scene were he is told to unload his pistol, naturally he has one shot left after emptying out the other six.

·
Premium Member
12,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

1 - 20 of 64 Posts