SIG Talk banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought the May 2017 issue of Guns & Ammo with p320 X-Five and X-Carry on the cover with great enthusiasm. However, I was quite surprised by the accuracy results (i.e., Avg Group Sizes at 25 yds from a bench/bag):

X-Five: 2.50" to 2.75" Average -- Best Group 2.00"

X-VTAC: 0.96" to 1.71" Average -- Best Group 0.75"

X-Carry: 1.53" to 1.84" Average -- Best Group 1.15"

Observations: They used different ammo in the posted results

Questions:

Did they use a series of the same ammo and just post the results of the top 3 best results from the standard field?

Were the accuracy results from the same shooter(s)? Probably not ? Did they have similar skills?

Why are the results of the X-Five so poor considering it has a 5" bull barrel and is designed for accuracy/competition? Bad gun sample? Poor shooting?

I would be very interested to hear the impression of others concerning Guns&Ammo's First Look at Sig Sauer's X Series.

·
Registered
740 Posts
I wonder (honestly I don't know) if a 2.5" group at 25 yards isn't respectable for a target pistol more oriented to 'action shooting' type target shooting? I am sure someone more knowledgeable would be able to answer that.

I would imagine there still is a human element even the pistol is shot from a rest.

·
Registered
305 Posts
3 different shooters. Each one wrote their own article and test fired. I believe same ammo used for each test. I'm looking forward to being able to buy just the lower.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Do you or anyone else know what the status is on the VTAC models?

The X5's seem to to shipping out and people are receiving them, but haven't heard a peep about the VTAC.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
3 different shooters. Each one wrote their own article and test fired. I believe same ammo used for each test. I'm looking forward to being able to buy just the lower.
They show which ammo was used with the results and they are not the same.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I bought the May 2017 issue of Guns & Ammo with p320 X-Five and X-Carry on the cover with great enthusiasm. However, I was quite surprised by the accuracy results (i.e., Avg Group Sizes at 25 yds from a bench/bag):

X-Five: 2.50" to 2.75" Average -- Best Group 2.00"

X-VTAC: 0.96" to 1.71" Average -- Best Group 0.75"

X-Carry: 1.53" to 1.84" Average -- Best Group 1.15"

Observations: They used different ammo in the posted results

Questions:

Did they use a series of the same ammo and just post the results of the top 3 best results from the standard field?

Were the accuracy results from the same shooter(s)? Probably not ? Did they have similar skills?

Why are the results of the X-Five so poor considering it has a 5" bull barrel and is designed for accuracy/competition? Bad gun sample? Poor shooting?

I would be very interested to hear the impression of others concerning Guns&Ammo's First Look at Sig Sauer's X Series.
Please refrain from commenting if you have not read the articles in this issue...or start a new thread and let er rip.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,405 Posts
You Sig Talking to Me... LOL. Er.. What the hell?

I meant no offense to anyone. My apologies if it came across wrong....
It came across a little "off". Best to not come across as heavy handed in telling others who should or should not post to "your thread", especially when you are relatively new here and still getting the lay of the land. Threads tend to drift sometimes, and I think most find that acceptable as long as it's at least related to subject at hand. Just skip over what's of no interest to you. many here will go out of their way to answer questions or join in with relevant input and respectful and, um, sometimes spirited debate.

Not meaning to come down on you, you apologized and I'm sure that's accepted. i've done the same.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts