SIG Talk banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
I check out GB rather infrequently. I am no longer an avid gun buyer but rather a cherry picker. You used to be able to cherry pick on GB, but I think it is now too popular except for maybe obscure items.

Prices have gone North on many quality firearms as of late. Not only will you see it in local gun stores, but in a lot of the internet gun sales to include auctions.

You might still do well on new firearms on GB if you are patient. Another possible exception is law enforcement trade-ins from distributors.

I have done better in the last couple of years on Proxibid for collectible used firearms. You have to be careful with total cost of ownership, or it can eat your lunch. I am speaking of bid price, buyer's premium, taxes, shipping cost and FFL cost.

·
Registered
18,302 Posts
It happens on eBay too. I love watching people bid over the MSRP. They could have just went out and bought it at full price, and definitely got it sooner.

·
Registered
322 Posts
It's gun-mania. I sold 2 of my lesser used pistols for $150 and $250 over their original purchase price. People are buying guns at crazy prices but ammo is still scarce so what's the point of buying another new gun?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
21,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think the majority of so called sellers, not only put in fake bids and if not sold that a fake sold to bidder overpriced. Not saying all but the majority.
Well, one of the bidders on an item I was interested in actually used the same name as the seller in his/her user id. :rolleyes: May be a coincidence, but I have a hard time believing it.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Too many people still on Gunbroker with more money than brains. :huh:
GONE——I agree with you and am often amazed at what some guns sell for especially Sig “Elite Stainless” models !!
I did recently find a “bargain” - NIB Sig P226 Extreme .40cal wG2 grips $750 + $25 shipping...Not a steal but well below average selling price..I was the only bid, No reserve, = Just Luck. But the purchases I made after that were “No bargains” and I paid at or above market (couldn’t help it “I wanted them”). Overall I’d estimate: For every “Bargain” I find and buy - I Buy 2-3 at or above market value.....brains? Money?? Not sure I have much of either!!

·
Registered
21,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
GONE––I agree with you and am often amazed at what some guns sell for especially Sig “Elite Stainless” models !!
I did recently find a “bargain” - NIB Sig P226 Extreme .40cal wG2 grips $750 + $25 shipping...Not a steal but well below average selling price..I was the only bid, No reserve, = Just Luck. But the purchases I made after that were “No bargains” and I paid at or above market (couldn’t help it “I wanted them”). Overall I’d estimate: For every “Bargain” I find and buy - I Buy 2-3 at or above market value.....brains? Money?? Not sure I have much of either!!
Yeah, the one I was looking at, I bid more than I felt it was worth and it sold for over $300 more.

I've bought some at ridiculous prices too in the past. Wanted them and wanted to make sure I got one. We wouldn't be "gun nuts" if we didn't get "nutty" now and then. :lol:

·
Registered
6,711 Posts
Too many people still on Gunbroker with more money than brains. :huh:
Actually too many people whine about the prices of firearms. They whine and cry about prices and try to "Bargain" (Get for cheap) something that they cannot afford. This ain't the 1950s. And even then, people wanted "Free".

At Too Many Gun Shows I have seen it time and time again. you get someone there who wants to Haggle and re-price what you have to sell only to walk away complaining that "That guy wants too much".

They never mention that they don't have the money to buy what the other guy is selling. They just want to act like they are great shoppers.

·
Registered
4,477 Posts
Actually too many people whine about the prices of firearms. They whine and cry about prices and try to "Bargain" (Get for cheap) something that they cannot afford. This ain't the 1950s. And even then, people wanted "Free".

At Too Many Gun Shows I have seen it time and time again. you get someone there who wants to Haggle and re-price what you have to sell only to walk away complaining that "That guy wants too much".

They never mention that they don't have the money to buy what the other guy is selling. They just want to act like they are great shoppers.
Yeah and when they sell, they want a fortune for garbage.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I have never been on Gun broker, but was told to use that for an Upper I want to sell. Is it not a good place to sell? Is there another way to sell an Upper? It is not a popular caliber on the Western Slope of Colorado.

·
Super Moderator
6,438 Posts
Have gotten some really good deals over the years.
Paid a premium (and sometimes stupid) price for a particular item wanted. Not just the model, but THAT one. :lol: :rolleyes:
Not interested in buying in this market. Have what I want. Not searching at this point and time.

Have never had buyers remorse. :cool:

·
Registered
21,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I have never been on Gun broker, but was told to use that for an Upper I want to sell. Is it not a good place to sell? Is there another way to sell an Upper? It is not a popular caliber on the Western Slope of Colorado.
No, it is a good place to sell. With the current insane market, you should be able to get a premium for it on Gunbroker. More people who are desperate will see it. ;)

1 - 20 of 60 Posts