SIG Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The recent 9mm ammo review was very interesting. The A (Best Buy) rating was for the Fiocchi 115 grain Extrema ($14/25 Midway). There is also a 124 grain available. Interesting that is was the most accurate of the bunch with 12 inch and is a non +P round. I would be inclined to use the 124 grain in my P938 due to highest accuracy report from a Sig P290 w/2.9 in bbl. Has anyone used this ammo?

·
Registered
596 Posts
I cannot speak for the 9mm stuff but I purchased a quantity of the regular, not +P or anything .380 for practice shooting in my P238. Locally I could only get the more expensive defensive ammo. The .380 regular ammo really beats you up. It is extremely hot! I would never buy the Fiocchi .380 stuff again. I REALLY mean hot!

Last week I was talking to a friend in NY who just got a .380 for his wife and was complaining about how hard it was to shoot. His .45 was a much easier gun to handle. I happened to ask if he was using Fiocchi ammo and he was. I have shot regular Remington, Winchester, Federal, American Eagle and Blazer all in the .380 and it was an easy shoot. The Fiocchi-ridiculously hot ammo. Never again.

·
Registered
44 Posts
My wife carries a 938 and I have shot it quite a bit myself. We use whatever ammo is available and cheap. This pistol will shoot anything. We have not had any type of failure since we took it out of the box.

I have not seen a major difference in accuracy whe trying the different ammos. I think with a barrel this short, accuracy is in the eye of the owner.

At 15 yds everything stays within a 6" circle no matter what we fire. That's good enough for me. Maybe the higher end name nrands would be more consistant, so accuracy would improve slightly, I've never shot enough of the high end stuff to really compare, but the 938 is never going to be a tack driver, it's just too small.

·
Registered
266 Posts
i continue
to use federal hst 147g 9mm ive seen the results

·
Registered
31 Posts
I haven't used Fiocchi in a 938 either, but have in my 238, and my feeling about it is different than vetman's. I'm new to shooting and very recoil sensitive, which is why the P238 is my first pistol. I've run WWB, Federal, Fiocchi, and 1 mag of BVAC from a friend through my 238, and the Fiocchi doesn't strike me as any hotter than any of those others. In fact my first bulk ammo purchase was Fiocchi and I'm very happy with it.

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
I dont see a difference in my P938. It seems to feed everything with acceptable accuracy with all. I buy what ever is the cheapest for practice. I will not buy Tulammo.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts