SIG Talk banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Socal to be exact. Boy, there's a lot of stuff we don't have here in CA. I envy many of you.

Just picked up my first handgun, and I went with a P226 40 S&W.

After a 100-count box, I'm hooked. I installed the SRT kit yesterday, and I have plans to try it out this week. All I need for now is more magazines.

I hope to learn more about my Sig and the Sig community during my stay here.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Shasta county.

·
Registered
20,951 Posts
Welcome from San Joaquin county and congrats on your first SIG.

You really missed the boat here in CA. A few years back you could buy virtually anything here with the single-shot exemption. It only cost me $125 for my dealer to do the conversion and transfer. That's a small price to pay to bypass the stupid roster. Politicians did away the the exemption. Now you're going to pay a huge premium to buy off-roster guns.

Sorry to go off topic. Congrats again.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Welcome from another SoCal shooter. 226 is a great gun. I went with an SP2022 as it was the only Sig they had with no LCI or mag disconnect. Eventually I will have to move to somewhere without a stupid arbitrary Roster. Nice to see you found one here that you like though!

·
Registered
11,864 Posts
Welcome to SIGTalk and to the wonderful world of Sig Sauer!! CONGRATS on your first SIG!!! I too am from So Cal and share your pain when it comes to the 2nd Amendment...
ENJOY your SIG!!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Welcome.

You might want to look into an SP2022. Since you are new SoCal gun owner, the cop shop I go to did not carry it, which typically means the firearm will go off roster. Once off roster, good luck.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.