SIG Talk banner
41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
597 Posts
Good to hear! If I remember, you ordered a few sizes too large. How's that working? Wrap it around a couple three times? :p
lmao :p ya I will tell ya wearing a size 34 waist and ordering a 40 scared me to death...but fits perfect can wear it with or without IWB. :cool: I went that route cause of your recommendation and Thank You! Pick up my 229 today as well cant wait.

·
Registered
347 Posts
I would highly recommend A Better Belt USA to anyone looking into getting a new gun belt. They are very professional, and their communication is excellent. I got my belt about a week after ordering it. I was able to choose the width, leather color, the color of thread, the buckle finish, number of holes/spacing, edge coating, and whether I wanted a reinforcement insert. Overall, I'm incredibly pleased with the quality of the belt I got from them. It's stiff and comfortable, and it looks great! (By the way, I do not work for these guys -- just a happy customer!)

Here are a few pictures:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Armour Precision Made Belts

Those of you who, like me, wondered whether Michael would provide the same quality product and service as Jerry may set your mind at ease. He does....

On Friday, 31 May 2013, I placed an order for three belts. I received all three belts on Tuesday, 03 June 2013 (yesterday) with a handwritten note from Mike Bissell thanking me for the order and inviting me to contact him if I have any issues with the belts.

These belts are every bit as good as previous posters have indicated. I haven't the breadth of experience with belts from various tactical outfitters that others here have, and it's now safe to say that I never will. I have worn a few belts from department stores over the years, I have tried on many more (including offerings from 5.11 and others) and I have a couple handmade leather belts in my closet right now that I've been wearing daily for, well, longer than I care to admit. The comparisons start and end with, "they are belts and most of them are leather". If Jerry Bissell had been making these belts 30 years ago and I had acquired one, I would have saved the cost of the belt several times over. Based on my experience with the other belts, I can tell you that even if I wear the same one of these Armour Belts daily, it will outlive me. An Armour Belt is definitely a belt for life.

Until I donned one of these belts with my preferred IWB holster, I was not aware of the difference a really good belt can make in terms of comfort, printing, and the perceived need to adjust for changing body position and activity. Tumbleweed said it best in his opening paragraph here.

As for the world-wide web site, Michael and Jerry are professional belt makers, not professional web designers. I appreciate that the web site is not more complicated and extensive than it needs to be. It shows a good representation of the product options available and provides a simple user interface for placing an order. If you want the best belt for the money, Armour Precision Made Belts . If you want to subsidize a more "professional" world-wide web site, elsewhere.

Thank you for your time and consideration,
Just Another Satisfied Customer

And now, we return you to our regularly-scheduled programming, already in progress.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I like the Wilderness Instructor Belt and also leather gun belts of at least 10-12 oz weight.

I make my own gear so leather is always my preferred but it is hard to beat the Wilderness Instructor Belt for edc.

·
Registered
258 Posts
I use a 5.11 trainer belt. I like that it's infinitely adjustable and you're not limited to just one or two holes. It's very sturdy. My first ever nylon belt and sure, it's not that nice looking, but if you're concealing, you're more likely than not, not tucking your shirt anyway.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Anyone ever have a S.O.E belt? I'm really considering picking up their EDC belt.

41 - 48 of 48 Posts