SIG Talk banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks:

Brought the kids to the range today with the P320 compact 45ACP....got through 2 mags and son had 2 light strikes...then noticed it wasn't going into full battery.
He showed it to me and this is what we found.

We tried to "unscrew" the guide rod and spring to remove the rod from the slide but were unsuccessful.

Options include a) cutting the guide rod off and replacing vs b) cutting the spring to remove the guide rod and replacing.

Any ideas re. why this happened and methods to remove the guide rod and spring? I've already ordered a new one.

Thanks much for any comments!

Attachments

·
Registered
7,054 Posts
Was the pistol bought new? In any case, the captured spring/rod assembly was probably installed incorrectly where it makes contact with the barrel block... If that end has two flat sides and two curved, a curved side centers in the barrel block groove, with the flats on the sides. If the flange has two holes, center one of the holes in the barrel block groove.

Here's a thread with a hand drawn image of the 2-3 different Sig p320 RSAs:

https://sigtalk.com/p250-p320-p365-p320-x-5-pistols/58384-reassembly-inserting-recoil-spring.html

·
Registered
13 Posts
This happened to me today. How did you end up removing the guide rod?

quote=cottmom;4753454]Hi folks:

Brought the kids to the range today with the P320 compact 45ACP....got through 2 mags and son had 2 light strikes...then noticed it wasn't going into full battery.

We tried to "unscrew" the guide rod and spring to remove the rod from the slide but were unsuccessful.

Options include a) cutting the guide rod off and replacing vs b) cutting the spring to remove the guide rod and replacing.

Any ideas re. why this happened and methods to remove the guide rod and spring? I've already ordered a new one.

Thanks much for any comments![/quote]

·
Registered
13 Posts
Here are a couple pictures. I have been trying for hours to get it out, but no luck. Don't want to damage anything.

Hi folks:

Thanks much for any comments!
could you post pictures looking at the slide from the front and another from the rear with the focus being the recoil assembly.

Attachments

·
Registered
179 Posts
Shipped Monday, received by Sig, fixed and shipped back Wednesday, received today.

They put a spacer into the recoil guide assembly.

Interesting! Thanks for the update

No problems with stock recoil spring, (same p320c 45), although I have been using the DPM Systems spring more recently

https://dpmsystems.com

Similar idea to the spacer.... The DPM has its own cap/stopper on the end of the spring, obviously to prevent the same thing.

Glad you got it fixed!

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.