SIG Talk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Coyote 365 which is too pretty to mess with. So I picked up an XL as my "play around with" copy. I bought a SAS slide, which is nice in the pocket. The sight doesn't really do it for me - its serviceable, I'm shooting fine with it - most everything in a 4" circle at 25' with the "occasional" flyer. out to 6" or so. I feel like acquisition is faster with irons and that's just practice. But i'm starting to like RDS's too much. So I picked up a standard slide which I am sending out for milling as soon as my RMRcc arrives, which according to Optics Planet will be Wed.

But that's not the point of this post. In addition to the slides, I have a standard grip I was using with the SAS slide, with the XL flat FCU effectively converting my XL to a SAS, without ports and with the flat trigger. Today I got a couple 12r mags which came with both the flat bottom plate for the XL and the extended bottom for the standard grip. So I put the extension on the 12 and put it in my standard grip. Nice feel, but I feel like I'm gripping the magazine too much (I have big hands). Not a solid feel. Then I put the XL grip on the smaller SAS slide and I think that's the one. I have a perfect purchase on it. It's slightly longer then the standard grip w/10r and exactly the same size as the 12r mag in the standard grip.

Being a giant (6'3" & 290), I don't think the extra 1/2" grip length will make any difference in concealment. It doesn't in my Desantis Nemisis pocket holster st least. I'm still waiting on a couple Kydex IWB holsters to try out while I wait impatiently for Florida to process my CWP.

Anyway, here are a couple photos of the difference. The two stacked are 10r in standard grip over 12r in XL grip. The side by side are left is XL grip and right is standard w/12r mag. Then the other two are my standard NRA (Coyote) next to my Franken65 - SAS slide on XL grip - first NRA 10 and Franky w/12 and next both with 12's and then...

To me, the XL grip seems to be an easy decision. It'll be interesting to see when the 15r mag shows up in a couple days.

Attachments

·
Registered
433 Posts
I bought a standard manual safety model, and quickly added the XL grips, using only the 12 round flat base mags. I'm a bit smaller than you, 6'0" and about 230 lbs. I also added a xl slide with so far a Shield RDS sight which I like, Slide length makes absolutely no difference in concealing using an IWB tuckable holster, the extra grip length, maybe a little but no one has noticed even if I point it out. The extended 12 rd mag in a standard grip for some reason just did not do anything for me.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I had the P365XL and added a standard P365 just recently. I shoot both pretty well but prefer the XL with the larger grip, longer sight plane and a little more heft. The additional length makes little to no difference in conceal carrying it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts