SIG Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, this is my first post. I just bought my first SIG (a P938), yes I was aware of the issues several have experienced. Brought it home and disassembled, cleaned, and lubed it.
My first issue was the disconnector (fell out after grip removal). I, hopefully, put it back correctly.
Second issue is that when I tightened the grips (after loctite) the trigger and hammer would not operate correctly.
After troubleshooting and discovering that the top left grip screw was too tight, I did manage to get it functioning correctly. My questions are:

Is this normal?
Is there a torque value for the grip screws?
Are the screws different?
Could the disconnector have caused this due to faulty installation on my part?
Anything else associated with the above issues I should be aware of?

Thank you for your time, experience, and the great forum!

·
Registered
187 Posts
I can't offer anything to your questions, other than a hearty welcome to the group from Houston! I, too, am interested in the responses posted by others.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Hello all, this is my first post. I just bought my first SIG (a P938), yes I was aware of the issues several have experienced. Brought it home and disassembled, cleaned, and lubed it.
My first issue was the disconnector (fell out after grip removal). I, hopefully, put it back correctly.
Second issue is that when I tightened the grips (after loctite) the trigger and hammer would not operate correctly.
After troubleshooting and discovering that the top left grip screw was too tight, I did manage to get it functioning correctly. My questions are:

Is this normal?
Is there a torque value for the grip screws?
Are the screws different?
Could the disconnector have caused this due to faulty installation on my part?
Anything else associated with the above issues I should be aware of?

Thank you for your time, experience, and the great forum!

Q: Is this normal?
A: No

Q: Is there a torque value for the grip screws?
A: No. Use the "finger thumb technique" and just snug it, never over tighten.

Q: Are the screws different?
A: Yes, depending on the model

Q: Could the disconnector have caused this due to faulty installation on my part?
A: Yes, see video.

Q: Anything else associated with the above issues I should be aware of?
A: Yes, be careful about the springs especially.

assembly of a SIG P226 - YouTube

This will help.

Sorry that you've had troubles. I'm sure you'll resolve them and like the rest of us, you'll be shooting and happy! :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts